- 1 Windows 10 slow start problem
- 1.1 Deactivating start-up program
- 1.2 Disable fast charging
- 1.3 Configuring virtual memory settings
- 1.4 Install the latest updates
- 1.5 Update graphics driver
- 1.6 Remove the inflated software
- 1.7 Reduce charging time
- 1.8 Performing a system file check
- 1.9 frequently asked questions
Windows 10 slow start problem
Slow startup times can be very frustrating. If you are also tired of your laptop’s slow startup speed, Windows 10 takes a long time to boot – don’t worry, we have come up with some simple and useful methods that usually solve the problem.
Deactivating start-up program
When you install new programs, many of them want to start automatically when you start your PC. This means that these programs and services are loaded at startup and consume unnecessary system resources. And preventing programs from loading during startup is the best way to improve the performance of your Windows 10 computer.
- Open Task Manager with Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Here on the Task Manager When using this program for the first time, you should click on the Details option at the bottom of the window.
- You should now see a list of all the programs running on your system.
- Click the Startup tab to see a list of all active applications with startup effects.
- Right click on the application and select the Disable option, the same can be done with all active applications.
alt=open startup programs win 10 width=975 height=691 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Disable-Startup-programs-win-10.jpg data-ez= />
Disable fast charging
This is another change that will significantly reduce the boot time of your Windows 10 PC and help you boot Windows 10 quickly. The Quick Start feature is enabled by default in Windows 10. The goal is to reduce boot time by pre-loading certain boot information before the PC is powered down. It works the same way as hibernation. But in fact, as many users have noted, there are problems with quick launch. This is by far the most problematic parameter regarding Windows 10 startup time.
To disable the quick start option
- Open the control panel,
- Powerful search and selection,
- Press the Select key, which displays the power keys on the left.
- You must grant the administrator permission to change the settings on this page. Therefore, click on the text at the top of the screen that says Change Settings, which is not currently available.
- Now uncheck Enable Quick Start (recommended) and Save Changes to disable this setting.
alt=quick start width=720 height=538 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Fast-Startup.jpg data-ez= />
Configuring virtual memory settings
Setting up virtual memory is another great way to solve Windows 10’s slow start problem and improve system performance. As the name implies, virtual memory allocates a portion of the hard drive as RAM. And the more RAM you have, the more tasks your system can handle at once. So, as Windows approaches maximum RAM usage, it will sink into virtual memory. Windows automatically configures virtual memory, but you can change this setting for better performance.
- Find Performance and select an option to customize the appearance and performance of Windows.
- In the Advanced tab you will then see the size of the exchange file (another name for the virtual memory), click Edit to edit it.
- It is important to note that at the bottom of the screen you will see the recommended memory size and the number currently allocated.
- Users who have experienced problems have reported that their current allocation is well above the recommended number.
- If this is also the case for you, disable the Automatically manage swap file size for all disks option to make changes,
- Then select Custom Size and set the Initial Size and Maximum Size to the recommended value below.
- Restart and startup time should improve.
alt=customize virtual memory on windows 10 width=892 height=613 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/adjust-virtual-memory-on-windows-10.jpg data-ez= />
Install the latest updates
Sometimes slow loading problems can be solved by simply installing the latest Windows updates. Windows 10 usually downloads necessary updates in the background, but you can always check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Press the Windows + I key to open the Settings application.
- When the Settings application opens, go to Updates and Security.
- Now click the Check for updates button.
- If updates are available, they are automatically downloaded and installed after the computer is restarted. If your computer is already upgraded, you can try another solution.
Update graphics driver
Device drivers are an important part of the operating system because Windows uses drivers to work with your hardware. If a particular driver is outdated or corrupted, it can cause various startup problems. In particular, the display/graphics driver, which can cause a slow boot problem, takes a long time to load the system screen. And most users on the Microsoft forum, Reddit, have indicated that updating their video card drivers has fixed the boot problems, so let’s take a look.
- Right-click in the Windows 10 Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Devices section to see which graphics card you are using.
- Right click on the installed graphics driver and select Remove, then restart the computer.
You should now go to the manufacturer’s website (or the laptop manufacturer’s website if you use embedded graphics on your laptop) to check for the latest driver, just download and install it. You can also read this post about updating and reinstalling device drivers on a Windows 10 PC.
alt=Revised display driver width=781 height=572 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Update-display-driver.jpg data-ez= />
Also, make sure the system has the latest Windows updates. Windows 10 is configured to download and install the latest updates automatically, but you can also check and install them manually under Settings -> Updates and Security -> Windows Update -> Check for Updates.
Remove the inflated software
Free up space on your Windows drive to speed up Windows and fix slow boot issues. To do this, you can start disk cleanup or manually remove unnecessary items, often called bloatware.
- To start erasing the disk, locate the disk, open it, and click Delete System Files.
- It will then scan the computer and get rid of temporary files, installers and other unnecessary things.
- You can also use a third-party system optimizer, for example. B. Launch Ccleaner to perform one-click optimization and fix registry errors.
If you have programs that you don’t use, you can remove them to reduce boot time.
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Select the unwanted program, right click on it and click on Uninstall to remove it completely.
Reduce charging time
When Windows starts up, the boot menu appears before the operating system starts up. In this menu you can select start options, for example B. Protected Mode. By default, the Start menu is displayed for 30 seconds. If you reduce this time, you can reduce the boot time by a few seconds.
To do this, press Windows + R, type msconfig and press Enter. This will open the system configuration window, here we go to the Boot tab and reduce the wait time (default 30).
Performing a system file check
As mentioned earlier, missing or corrupted system files also cause various startup problems. We recommend that you use the System file checker utility, which looks for damaged system files. If the program finds them, it restores them from the compressed folder under %WinDir%System32dllcache.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- Then run the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restore health
- When the DISM command is finished, type the sfc /scannow command to begin scanning and restoring system files.
alt=health repair and sfc command health repair and sfc width=687 height=386 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/DISM-restore-health-and-sfc-utility-command.jpg />
Also, check the hard drive for errors with the Disk Check utility, which fixes most hard drive errors, bad sectors, etc.
Install a good antivirus program with the latest updates and run regular comprehensive scans of your system to protect it from virus or spyware infections.
Always avoid installing hacked, cracked or cancelled applications. Only download applications from trusted sources.
Also read :
alt=Ezoic data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/No-Audio-Output-Device-Is-Installed-Windows-10-version-20H2.png /> Report this ad.
frequently asked questions
Why does Windows 10 start up so slowly?
Many users have reported slow boot issues on Windows 10, and according to users, this problem is caused by a corrupted Windows Update file. To resolve this issue, simply download the Windows Update troubleshooter. This is an official program from Microsoft, so make sure you download it.
How can I make Windows 10 boot up faster and improve performance?
How can I make Windows 10 start up faster?
Enable this setting to make Windows 10 boot up faster – Lifehacker
windows 10 performance tweaks 2019,how to optimize windows 10 2019,how to make window 10 1903 faster,optimizing windows 10 2019,windows 10 1903 tips,disable unnecessary services windows 10 1903,how to make windows 10 faster for gaming,how to make computer faster windows 7,readyboost windows 10,windows 10 very slow and unresponsive 2020,how to make your computer faster windows 10,how to make your computer faster for gaming,Feedback,speed up windows 10 software,how to make windows 10 faster 2020,windows 10 desktop issues,how to increase computer speed windows 10,windows 10 performance tweaks 2020,windows 10 registry tweaks for gaming,windows 10 performance tweaks reddit,windows 10 performance tweaks script,windows 10 registry tweaks internet speed,windows 10 registry tweaks big collection,windows 10 slow after update 20h2,windows 10 slow after update 2020 reddit,windows 10 slow after update 2004,new microsoft update slows down computer,windows 10 slow after update november 2020,fix windows 10 task manager 100% disk usage.,how to speed up computer windows 7,how to speed up computer windows 10,best free pc speed up software,windows 10 takes 10 minutes to boot,windows 10 slow boot ssd,windows 10 slow boot black screen,windows 10 takes an hour to boot,computer takes long time to boot bios,windows 10 slow boot black screen with cursor,microsoft windows 10 dell slow boot,windows 10 slow boot reddit,windows 10 1909 slow restart,wdi directory,windows defender slow startup,after upgrade to windows 10 computer slow,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 registry tweaks to improve performance,windows 10 slow after update 2020,tweaks to improve windows 10 performance,how to make windows 10 boot faster,speed up boot time windows 10