There are several ways to turn the flashlight on and off on the iPhone 12, 12 Mini or 12 Pro. In addition to the iPhone 12 series, you can also use the following methods on iPhones with Face ID support, including iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone X, or iPad Pro. Let’s get started.
Using the control unit
- To open the Control Center, drag your iPhone down from the top right corner.
- Press the flashlight button to turn the flashlight on. When the flashlight is turned on, the flashlight icon turns blue.Control Center on iPhone
- Tap the flashlight icon again to turn it off.
TIPS: You can also adjust the brightness of the lamp if needed. To do this, hold down the flashlight button on the control panel and drag the brightness slider up or down.
from the lock screen
A relatively easy way is to open the Lantern from the lock screen. This way, you can instantly turn on the iPhone 12’s flashlight without having to unlock the device with a face ID or passcode.
Follow these steps to enable the flashlight on the iPhone 12 lock screen.
- Use Lift to Wake or Tap to Wake to wake the iPhone screen. Or press the side button (right) to go to the lock screen.
- Touch and hold the flashlight button in the lower left corner of the screen. You feel a slight vibration and the round button turns white, indicating that the flashlight is on.
To turn the flashlight off, press and hold the button on the flashlight in the same way.
TIPS: If you have access to the Control Center on your iPhone’s lock screen, you can open the Control Center to change the brightness of the flashlight.
Unfortunately, even in iOS 14, it is not possible to remove the flashlight from the lock screen. Personally, I would like to have this setting because sometimes the flashlight turns on by itself when the iPhone is in your pocket or by accident.
Instead of controlling your iPhone, you can simply ask Siri to turn the flashlight on or off.
For this to work, first start Siri by saying Hey Siri or by pressing the side button or home button on your iPhone. Then use one of the voice commands below to perform the task easily.
- Turn on my flashlight.
- Turn off your flashlight.
- Turn on the flashlight.
- Turn off my flashlight.
ALWAYS READ: Disable double-clicking on the back in iOS 14 on iPhone
Adding a flashlight to the iPhone home screen
iOS has a built-in application for flashlights, but there is no way to control the flashlight directly from the home screen. Fortunately, with the Shortcuts application in iOS 14 and without using a third-party application, you can place a flashlight on your iPhone’s home screen.
Here’s how to add a shortcut to the flashlight on your iPhone with iOS 14.
- Go to the My Shortcuts tab and touch the My Shortcuts tab.
- Press the + button in the upper right corner.
- Click on Add action.
- Type Torch into the search bar at the top and select Install Torch.
- Press the Rotate word and select Toggle from the Operation menu.
- Not necessary: Tap the Show more drop-down list and set the lantern’s default brightness. This ensures that you get exactly the same brightness every time you use the flashlight via the quick release. The brightness level can also be changed later).
- Press the three-point button in the upper right corner. Name your shortcut, for example B. Flashlight.
- Press Add to Home Screen, choose a name for the home screen and an icon for the flashlight link.
- Press Add in the top right corner and then Done.
- Here’s how. A flashlight icon now appears on your iPhone home screen. Flashlight icon LEDhome screen
To turn the flashlight on or off, simply touch the flashlight shortcut icon on the home screen.
Adding a flashlight widget to an iPhone on iOS 14
If you like using widgets in iOS 14, you can add a flashlight widget to your iPhone. The main advantage of using a widget over the home screen icon is that the widget does not display a notification banner at the top when you launch the shortcut.
- Important – you must first create a shortcut for the flashlight.
- Touch an empty area on the Home screen to activate vibration mode.
- Press the + button in the upper left corner.
- In the widget search bar, search for shortcuts and select Shortcuts.
- Press the Add Widget button.
Voilà! Now press the flashlight widget to quickly turn the LED light on or off without opening the control center.
A flashlight widget on iPhone 12
TIPS: You can add a widget to an existing widget or to a Smart Stack widget by dragging and dropping it.
Using the Reverse Touch function (double or triple contact).
The Tap Back feature is an interesting and useful addition to iOS 14. You can use the Back Tap key to take a screenshot, lock the screen, open Control Center, call Siri, open a shortcut, and more.
Let’s see how you can turn on the flashlight by touching the back of your iPhone.
- Make sure you have already added a shortcut to switch the flashlight.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Select an item.
- Scroll down and select Press Back.
- Press twice and select Flashlight from the access category DeepL. You can also assign a shortcut to a triplet movement.
- Press the back of the iPhone two or three times to turn the flashlight on or off.
NOTE: The tap back function only works when the device is unlocked.
Let us know in the comments how you prefer to use the flashlight.
frequently asked questions
How do I turn on my flashlight on iPhone 12?
To use the flashlight on your iPhone, iPad Pro or iPod …
How do I turn off the flashlight on my iPhone 12?
How do I turn off the iPhone flashlight without moving it?
This is how you turn off the iPhone flashlight without opening the control center. The camera and flashlight on your iPhone use the same bulb, so when you open the Camera application, the flashlight turns off. On any iPhone model, press the side button to open the lock screen.
how to turn off flashlight on iphone 11, how to turn off flashlight on iphone 12, how to turn off flashlight on iphone xr, how to turn off flashlight on iphone 6, flashlight on iphone not working, how to turn on flashlight on iphone 11 when ringing, how to turn off flashlight on iphone 7, how to turn on flashlight on iphone 10