How does a good kitchen look? Many would argue this question by offering their opinion on the various designs, colors, and kitchen appliances. But, do you really want to know how does a good kitchen look? It looks clean. A good kitchen is a clean kitchen.
Maybe you will argue with this but think about it. No matter how big or how small your kitchen is, no matter how many kitchen appliances you have, the important thing is that everything is tidy and clean. It’s because of health safety reasons and because it gives you peace of mind. Of course, we are talking about people who love to cook and bake and love to spend their time in their kitchen. The others well, for them it’s not essential if the kitchen is clean, or how does it look. For those who cherish spending time in their kitchen, few things can compare to the feeling that entering into a tidy and clean kitchen gives you.
And unfortunately, no matter how hard you try to keep it clean, there’s always something that needs to be touched up. It’s a kitchen, and almost every day, something splatters, spills, and there is grease everywhere. And grease is the most annoying thing ever. Guess what the greasiest part of everyone’s kitchen is? Yes, the infamous kitchen hood.
No matter how much you clean it somehow, it’s always greasy. But don’t worry, we have a solution for you. We will guide you on how to clean your kitchen hood without a sweat.
Why is the kitchen hood always so dirty?
You clean your kitchen regularly, but still, your kitchen hood comes out dirty. It always has that layer of grease mixed with dust, the most horrible combination. That’s because everybody forgets about the kitchen hood. It’s an ingenious machine that makes spending time in the kitchen a breeze. But it’s up there, and you forget to clean it. Admit it; it happened.
But we have a few life hacks on how to clean the greasy kitchen hood, and you will thank us later.
Easy ways to keep your kitchen hood clean
Because you will be dealing with a lot of greasy dust, you need to have the proper ingredients to do it. There are few tricks and few home goodies that you can use, but we will also recommend you a product that will blow your mind.
What you will need to make the job easier
- Scrubbing brush and a soft brush
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Kitchen degreaser
- A dishcloth
Where to start
Before you commence doing anything, you need to perceive the whole situation and think about what it takes to do this job. If it’s your home kitchen and has a standard kitchen hood, you will be able to do it easily with our tip. But if you have a professional kitchen in which you cook hundreds of meals per day, maybe you should consider finding some assistance, like premiergrease.com/hood-cleaning.
If you think that you are up for the task, let’s go and clean it.
- With the soft brush, clean the dust that’s on the surface of the kitchen hood. It is the first step, so you don’t have to be that precise.
- Mix hot water with vinegar and scrub the kitchen hood with the scrubbing brush. Here you can also use a mixture of soap and hot water and give everything a good rub. At this step, you don’t have to worry about being extra gentle. It is necessary to rub and clean everything vigorously, especially if the hood is extra greasy, as it probably is.
- If the previous mix doesn’t help you much, you should use the kitchen degreaser. Something like a kitchen degreaser is made especially for situations like this, and it will most certainly help you.
- If there are any, mix baking soda and water to clean the stains until you have a smooth paste. With it, you can easily clean any stains and residue grease. Use a soft brush to apply the paste onto the hood, and gently wipe it with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- It’s essential to clean the filters too. If it’s time to clean them, do it, but be very gentle. You can immerse them in a mixture of hot water and baking soda. In this mix you can also put a little bit of soap if you want to, they will degrease more easily. The filters need to be submerged in the water and left for at least 15 minutes. And when you do it, you can use the vinegar and water solution to clean it well. Use it with a spray bottle and wipe it off with a fine microfiber cloth. We encourage you to use this mixture a few times on your filters until they are clean. And when you are done, rinse them with clean water and dry them with a dishcloth.
The mixture of water and baking soda is excellent for cleaning another part of your kitchen, too, so have that in mind. And in combination with the vinegar and water mixture, it does miracles. You can use it on every surface.
And finally, the most important tip we can give you is to do this often. Of course, it doesn’t need to be cleaned every weak or even month. But you need to check on your kitchen hood often to see if it’s dirty. Do filters need to be cleaned. It’s crucial because that way you will be sure that it’s always going to look good, but it’s also going to work correctly. A clean kitchen hood will give you not only a piece of mind but also a healthy kitchen.
And before doing anything, think about it twice. Some kitchen hoods are more sensitive and more sophisticated than others, and it could be better to leave the job for the professionals. We wish you a good clean, and to always have a sparkling clean kitchen.