The journey of treating addiction is not an easy one. The addict is already in an over-sensitive state and needs proper care. He/she is not in a position to do further experiments on his health. He/she needs a properly planned and organized treatment. The addicted person or his family should have proper and detailed information about the structure of the treatment. The treatment centers offer a detox program for almost every drug kind, and each has its effects, intensity, treatment, and withdrawal effects.
A way to a personal journey
The journey of recovering from drug addiction is entirely a personal one. The most essential component of the treatment is that addicted patients must have self-efficacy. He should believe in himself and must decide that he will try his best to get rid of the influence of drugs. Rest, the journey, and treatment are up to the recovery center. But at least, the patient must have a will towards recovery. The treatment journey will return a healthy and satisfying life to the addicted individual. Let’s explore the step-by-step journey at a detox recovery center.
1. Supervised Medical Detox Program
The treatment starts with the detox program that is responsible for the safe and proper medically supervised treatment. This program promises quality management beyond the expectations that you and your family have for your treatment. The environment given to the drug addicts ensures that they will remain comfortable and safe. They are given a peaceful environment to heal themselves. The recovery that is committed to the patient sustains as well because a group of the experienced team joins the hands together. The team is well experienced and compassionate enough to treat the addiction. They give extreme devotion to making the recovery successful. If you are the one who needs the support of a medical team that can assist you in overcoming addiction for a proper guide check ascendantny.com.
2. Needs to cater at detox
The person who becomes addicted suffers from three types of issues. The first is physical health, the second is mental health and the third is emotional needs. So these three needs are specially treated at the drug rehab. Most importantly, the treatment of every single individual is different. Every person has different body systems and immunity power. The body of every person reacts differently so a customized treatment is planned so that all the needs can be fulfilled. Well qualified staff targets your physical and mental health by using different approaches.
- The first approach is to overcome the control and craving of drugs that ultimately improve physical health. The body in this phase becomes free from the toxins that destroyed the body system. This phase also includes medications to treat the addiction.
- The second attention is given to the emotional needs of the patient. As we discussed the patient at this phase is in an insensitive mood and needs a shoulder to rely on. The competent staff gives the shoulder to the patient and understands his emotional needs. They plan different techniques to keep the addict in a happy mood and peaceful mind. They teach him how to cherish his life moments without the use of drugs.
- The last and the most important need that is targeted at the recovery center is the treatment of mental health and illness. This treatment works on the behavior and mental approach of the addict and proves the result by showing a definite promising outcome of the treatment. This phase involves the setting of goals and getting rewards if you achieve them. The other important technique used at this stage is alternative therapies as they are the best solution to persuade the addict to add on the exercise routine and other healthy habits for a positive mindset. Apart from it, individual and group counseling sessions are designed to achieve certain outcomes.
3. Aftercare Planning
Lastly, the individual is moved towards aftercare planning. This phase is very crucial as it ensures that the patient will remain on the right path after he leaves the recovery center. These sessions are valuable for the patients as they are motivated to stay away from drugs after the treatment. This phase is known as relapse treatment that minimizes the chances of relapse.
Things to be taken in constraint while choosing detox treatment
Five factors should be deeply analyzed when you are planning to get enrolled and admit to a residential detox treatment. Residential treatment involves staying at the center and is considered one of the best and effective treatments for treating addictions. Following we will analyze those points that should be kept in mind:
- The staff should have lovely collaboration with you and the family and should deeply assess the social, physical, and mental condition. The proper analysis will lead to designing a quality individualized treatment for the addict. Set some expectations with the treatment and discuss all your issues with them.
- Secondly, the center must be registered and licensed. Check out its reviews and feedback on old patients. Analyze the competency of the team that is working at the center. They must have professional experience and the required education. A team must consist of medical doctors, counselors, therapists, and caretakers.
- The location of the center must be appealing and unique. There should be some beautiful attractive spots around so that patients can feel better. They must be given a peaceful environment and enjoy a lavish tourist experience.
- Insurance policies and claims must be accepted in the detox centers. The centers allow insurance plans. All you need is to verify your insurance and start the treatment plan.
- Lastly, the timings of the center must be flexible. Their presence must be 24 hours and all days of the week. A patient’s condition can get critical at any moment so all-time presence is necessary.
Get yourself enrolled for treatment as it is a much better option to consider rather than suffering and dying with pain.