Moving your body on a daily basis can contribute to a better health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. At the same time, it is important to ensure that the body absorbs all the necessary nutrients during exercise. If you have a very active lifestyle, some vitamins and minerals can help you reduce fatigue and exhaustion. The right supplements can also improve your body’s muscle building and increase your endurance.
It is important to point out that dietary supplements are, as the name indicates, supplements. With that said, these are not products that on their own make you lose weight, become stronger or more ripped. Dietary supplements, in all their forms, should be taken as supplements to a regular, balanced diet and do not act as a substitute for solid foods.
First things first: do you need dietary supplements?
Before you spend a penny on any supplement, make sure you are really in need of the supplements you consider buying. Most dietary supplements are created for those who live an active lifestyle already, and for those living an active lifestyle that struggles to supply their body with what it needs in terms of vitamins and minerals. With that said, you should not take dietary supplements if you do not move your body enough to need them.
Furthermore, dietary supplements are not an absolute necessity for elite athletes either. The majority of all vitamins and minerals should first and foremost be absorbed through the diet. This is however problematic for an incredible number of people, especially those who live a “normal” life, a life with a job or education that take up most of the everyday life. Getting the right diet into such a schedule can be difficult, and not the least time consuming and very expensive. That is why so many active people use supplements.
Find supplements that suit you and your goals
So, let us assume that you are moving your body enough to be classified as an active person, and that your daily schedule does not allow you to provide your body with all the nutrition it actually needs. Now you can start thinking about whether supplements can help you reach your goals. There are, however, a jungle of different supplements out there, and finding which ones that work best for you can be quite tricky…
Vitamins and minerals for general health
A good start is to buy some type of multivitamin, mineral supplement or the like. When you exercise, you break down the muscles of your body, which make you more susceptible to infections and diseases. Therefore, it is important that you get enough of the right vitamins that strengthen your immune system. Some good vitamins and minerals to consider are:
- Vitamin B. Vitamin B contributes to increased growth of hair, skin and nails. It is also important for metabolism as Vitamin B help break down fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C contains antioxidants and helps protect the cells in the body. During heavy weightlifting, vitamin C can also help the immune system to function properly.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D improves the absorption of minerals in the body. It helps the body absorb calcium which is considered good for fat burning. It also has a strengthening effect on dopamine, which affects our well-being.
- Zinc. Zinc protects the body’s cells against stress and helps the immune system to function properly. It is also important for the body to be able to maintain fat burning and muscle growth during intense exercise.
- Magnesium. Magnesium also plays an important role in the function of the immune system and is also needed to maintain strong bones.
- Iron. Iron plays a major role in the stimulating the immune system. During exercise, the body loses iron in sweat and urine, which can lead to iron deficiency. That is why iron supplements are very important for those who exercise a lot.
Supplements for building muscles
It is an art to succeed in absorbing all nutrients properly and it can sometimes require an unreasonable focus on your diet. To make it easier, there are a number of supplements you can add to your daily routine. So which supplements can be to help in terms of gaining muscles?
- Protein supplements. Protein is necessary for gaining muscles. A protein powder to mix with a liquid of choice for a shake is an easy way to meet the daily protein needs. Whey protein is the most common supplement and is also recommended to start with. By choosing a protein supplement from a brand like RawPowders, you will not only get supplements that are intended to facilitate the building of muscles, but rather supplements that will do you good in terms of mental stability and energy.
- Creatine. Creatine is a supplement designed for you whose goals are a little bit bigger. Creatine is a popular and well-proven supplement found naturally in the body. It acts as a reserve depot of energy that is used immediately during strength training. Increasing these depots with the help of supplements will in practice increase your endurance and in the long run get you a faster muscle growth.
Supplements for losing weight
Products that can reduce your daily calorie intake or contribute to satiety can act as a supplement to a lower calorie diet. Before they were called diet pills, but today there are a various of supplements that can be helpful on your weight loss journey instead. There are a few supplements that can help control your appetite when you start to lose weight, and some supplements that binds fat from the diet. These supplements are popular among people who has been bulking and are now looking for the most effective way to cut but can also be used by overweight people to lose weight and burn fat. Some common supplements for weight loss are:
- Meal replacements. Meal replacements are used to help people lose weight by replacing some of their daily meals, like breakfast and or lunch. These supplements are low in calories, high in protein and contain all the vitamins and minerals your body needs to function properly.
- Fat burners. Fat burners are appetite-suppressing and work to facilitate and accelerate people’s weight loss and fat burning journey.