The Asus Zenfone 5Z is an impressive phone for its time. This is one of Asus’ best products, but because it’s an older camera, you might not get an official update. But thank you to the developer community for keeping the device alive with their custom ROMs, custom fixes, etc. The Asus Zenfone 5Z recently received official support for LineageOS 17.1. Here you can download LineageOS 17.1 for the Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Custom ROMs are beneficial for all Android phones, especially those that have stopped receiving updates. Users can create custom ROMs to stay up to date. Not all Android phone users have the ability to try out custom ROMs. But Asus, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Motorola, Samsung phones receive many custom ROMs. These OEMs allow users to unlock the bootloader and are also popular with developers.
LineageOS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 5Z
To talk about custom ROMs and not LineageOS would be unfair. LineageOS is the best custom ROM project that has been active for years. And thankfully, the latest official LineageOS 17.1 version is now available for the Asus Zenfone 5Z. Even if the phone is already running Android 10, there are still benefits to using a custom ROM.
Custom ROMs like LineageOS allow you to personalize your phone while staying fast. LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10. LineageOS 18 is also available for some devices as unofficial versions, and it is possible that Asus Zenfone 5Z users will also get Android 11 based on LineageOS 18.
Download LineageOS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 5Z
Of course, to run LineageOS 17.1 on the Zenfone 5Z, you need to download the ROM first. Since it is the official LineageOS 17.1, it is available on the official website. There is currently only one building available. But if you’re reading this article, a lot may have already been built. So don’t forget to download the latest version for your device using the link below. These assemblies are signed and guarantee faultless operation.
After the latest version of LineageOS 17.1, you can continue with the installation. You will need to perform some preliminary tasks that will guide you through the installation process.
To perform temporary custom recovery on Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Copy the downloaded custom recovery to C:/adb or to the location where you installed the adb drivers.
- Rename customs recovery to recovery.img.
- Turn your phone off. Then, press and hold the Volume + Power Down button until you enter Quick Start mode. You will see Fastboot on the screen.
- Connect the phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Go to C:/adb and open a command window from there (change the address/location bar to CMD and press Enter).
- Enter the following command to verify that your device is connected.
- Now enter the following command to temporarily download the custom recovery to Zenfone 5Z.
- quick boot recovery flash.img
- If an error is displayed, e. B. boot_a could not be flashed, enter the following command and replace a or b depending on the error.
- fastboot flash boot_a recovery.img
Your device will boot into the custom recovery that you can use to flash LineageOS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone 5Z. Then let’s move on to the guide.
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Copy the downloaded LineageOS 17.1 ROM file to C:/adb.
- Rename the file to ROM.zip to simplify the procedure.
- Since you have already activated Custom Recovery on your phone, you can follow the process. If not, start the user recovery function.
- Now in the custom recovery process, press Reset Defaults > Format Data/Reset Defaults and continue with the process.
- Return to the main menu after a reset.
- Now download the ROM.zip file from the site by following these steps:
- On the device, select Apply Update and then Apply ADB to start a side-by-side download.
- On the host computer download the package with: adb side download ROM.zip
- If the above command adb: not read: Success means LineageOS 17.1 is installed on your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu and click Restart System Now.
You can also install other zip files in the same way as the ROM file. Configure your device and take advantage of the latest version of LineageOS 17.1.
So here is how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone 17.1. You can follow the same process for future LineageOS updates. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section.
Also check :
asus zenfone 2 z00ad custom rom, android 8 for ze551ml, asus z00ad twrp, zenfone 2 lineage os, asus_z00ad twrp, android oreo for asus zenfone 2 ze551ml, lineage os 17, lineage os zip, lineageos github, extra app based for android 7.1 2 zip