What is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] and why does it happen?
As mentioned above, Microsoft Outlook is secure, it uses the SSL and TLS security encryption provided by Microsoft to send and receive email. To solve [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6], you do not need to know the security of SSL and TLS encryption, just understand that it is one of the most secure.
When you try to connect to a mail server that does not have SSL and TLS security, you get [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. This is not the only reason why you are getting the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error in your Microsoft Outlook. Other causes and how to fix them are discussed in the “Troubleshooting” section. To use your Outlook’s mail server, it must have SSL and TLS encryption. It is always best to check all settings such as port number, authentication and secure connection when you connect.
Also read: How to fix 0X800CCC0E error in Microsoft Outlook.
How to solve the problem [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Now that you understand why [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is happening, you probably also have an idea about how to solve this problem. If you have no technical knowledge, but still want to solve the problem, just follow the instructions below and the problem will not occur again. We give you six different ways to solve the problem. One of them should solve the problem for you.
Solution 1: Check for duplicate accounts
If Microsoft Outlook is configured with a duplicate account, you may see the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6. If this is the case for your account, it is fairly easy to resolve. If you are not sure whether the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is caused or not, just follow the steps below. At the end of this solution, if your problem is solved, it is probably due to double counting, otherwise there is no need to panic, we have many other solutions for you.
Follow the instructions to check for duplicate accounts:
- Open the control panel on your desktop and change the view to “large category”.
- Then click on the mail control panel
- After viewing the email, a pop-up window appears where you click on “Email Accounts.”
- You will then see all the email accounts configured in Microsoft Vision. Look for duplicate accounts. If a duplicate account is deleted because it is the main reason [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. If you did not see any duplicate accounts, you can always delete all accounts and add new ones. This might solve the problem. Email account
After checking whether or not there is a duplicate account, delete the duplicate account(s) and add a new account. Now go back and check if the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is fixed or not. If the problem is still not resolved, continue with the following solution.
Solution 2: Check the SMTP setup
It is best to check the SMTP settings in Microsoft Outlook, as 80% of the cases [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] are due to incorrect SMTP configuration. It is quite easy to check the SMTP configuration, just follow the instructions below:
- Follow the instructions in Solution 1 pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 to open the settings for the email accounts where you deleted the email account. Email account
- Double-click on the email and click “More Settings.” More settings
- If the server you are using uses authentication, check “My server requires authentication”.
- Then click on the Advanced tab and make sure the correct port number is used. This is the port number used for IMAP and SMTP.
After configuring SMTP, close the application and restart the computer. After restarting, check in Microsoft Outlook whether [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is still displayed or not. If the problem is still not solved by then, proceed with the following solution.
Solution 3: Use SCANPST.exe
If you have never heard of SCANPST.exe, you might be wondering what it is. Many Outlook users have complained about many problems to Microsoft, such as [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6], so Microsoft has developed a tool to repair corrupt PST files, which can finally fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. Follow the steps below to learn how to use SCANPST and fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error.
- Open the file explorer. (My Computer)
- Go to Programs > Microsoft Office > Office18 (depending on the version of Office you are using, if you are using Office 2014, it should be similar to Office14).
- Navigate to the SCANPST.exe folder and open the application as administrator.
- Click the Browse button, select the PST file you want to recover, and then click the Start button.
- Select Backup and click Browse to select the location of the backup file. Then click Restore.
RepairAfter repairing corrupt PST files, error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] should be fixed. If this too does not solve the problem, we need to switch to a generic solution that solves any Windows problem. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Solution 4: Disable Antivirus and Windows Defender
Sometimes there is a problem with Windows Defender’s antivirus and firewall rules [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. They may consider outgoing emails as a signal of malicious software. To solve this problem, simply disable antivirus or Windows Defender if you are not using antivirus software.
Deactivating a virus scanner is very simple. Open the anti-virus program you are using and there should be a “Disable Anti-Virus” or “Disable Antivirus” button. Select one of the buttons and check whether the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is displayed or not.
Follow these steps to disable Windows Defender:
- Select Start > Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus and Threat Protection > Manage settings (or virus and threat protection settings in earlier versions of Windows 10).
- Disable real-time protection.
Disabling antivirus or Windows Defender has solved the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 problem for most of our visitors, so you should try it.
Solution 5: Clear cookies and cache.
In our previous articles, where we have talked about fixing various errors, we have always talked about deleting cookies and cache. To solve the problem [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6], you can also try to delete the cookies and cache. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Type Ctrl + R on the keyboard to open the startup dialog box.
- Then type “%appdata%” Run.
Delete all files in %appdata% (recommended) or select the Microsoft Outlook folder and delete it.
Once you have deleted all AppData, it is time to delete the files of LocalAppData. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Type Ctrl + R on the keyboard to open the startup dialog box.
- Then enter “%Localappdata%”.
- After opening LocalAppData. Delete all files in the folder again.
After you clear the cache and cookies, go back to Microsoft and see if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Reinstall the application.
We used every possible solution to solve the problem. But unfortunately, none of them solved the problem. So the last option left to us is to reinstall the application. After reinstalling the application, add your email account in Microsoft Outlook, which will definitely solve the problem [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. To reinstall the application, proceed as follows.
- Open the program and functions through the control panel.
- Find Microsoft Office (Microsoft is included in the Office suite).
- Double-click on Office 365
- Follow the instructions on the screen
- Reinstall the application by downloading the latest version from the official Microsoft Office website.
- Create a new account and add it to Microsoft Office
- Check whether [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is still visible or not.
It’s certainly frustrating to [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] submit a job or project on time, but with a missing manual, you don’t have to worry about it anymore. We hope the 6 points above have resolved your error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. If the error still occurs, please comment below about the exact steps you followed, we will do our best to solve this error for you.