After cleaning the register with Restoro, try restarting the Sims 4 and see if the problem persists.
When you repair your computer, you also repair the games installed on it. Take Restoro today!
3. Clean start of the computer
- Press Windows + R and type msconfig. Now press the Enter key or OK.
- On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all.
- On the Run tab, click Open Task Manager.
- Select each start object > touch Disconnect.
- Close Task Manager > click OK > restart the computer.
Sometimes third party applications and services can disrupt your gambling and cause this type of problem.
If The Sims 4 does not boot on your PC, you should try rebooting.
In a clean boot state, all third party applications and services are disabled, so nothing can interfere with your game.
If the restart solves your problem, you must activate the disabled applications and services individually or in groups until you find the cause of the problem.
Then the request has to be removed and the problem is finally solved.
Aren’t the windows loaded? Consult our guide to solve the problem like a real technician!
4. Removing source cache files
Over time, these files collect obsolete or corrupted information that causes various problems. Here you will find the cache files of Origin :
C: AppDataRoaming users
If you don’t see any files in these places, hide them. Go to the search menu, enter a folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders in the search results.
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and delays. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files will be replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
You can also open these folders from the Execute dialog box. To do this, simply press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box. Now enter one of the following lines:
- To access the roaming folder, type %appdata% and press Enter or OK.
- To access the local directory, type %localappdata% and press Enter or OK.
Don’t waste time and choose a tool from our list to automatically cache files!
5. Check your anti-virus/firewall software
In some cases, your antivirus program may disrupt the game and prevent it from working. However, you may be able to solve the problem by deactivating certain functions of the anti-virus software.
You can also try adding the TS4.exe, Origin.exe and theUI authorization files to your antivirus exclusion list and see if it helps.
If the problem persists, try disabling your antivirus program and see if the game works. In the worst case you should remove your antivirus and see if it helps.
If uninstalling the antivirus program solves the problem, consider upgrading to a new antivirus program.
Many antivirus programs have a special feature called Game Mode, which ensures that your antivirus does not interfere with your game sessions in any way.
⇒ Get BullGuard
6. Disable origin in the game
Several users said disabling Origin In Game solved the problem for them. Depending on the users, this feature may sometimes prevent the launch of the Sims 4. One way to solve this problem is to disable Origin in the game.
It’s pretty simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open source.
- Now go to Application settings > Origin data in Set
- Deactivate the origin in the game.
Then try restarting The Sims 4 to see if the problem persists.
7. Update Windows operating system and graphics drivers and game.
- Press the Windows + I button to open the setting application.
- When opening the setup application, go to Updates and Security.
- Now click on the Check for Updates button in the right window.
According to users, these Sims 4 may not work if your computer is outdated. Windows 10 is a reliable operating system, but some bugs can cause this kind of problems.
When updates are available, they are downloaded in the background. After installing the updates, check that the problem persists.
Make sure you have installed the latest patches for The Sims 4 after updating your system. To do so, right-click the Sims 4 in Origin > Select Check for Updates.
In addition to updating your system, it is important to update the drivers for your video card, which you can easily do with a software tool such as DriverFix.
⇒ Get DriverFix
Automatically download drivers to make your work easier! These tools are the best in the world!
8. Reset user files
Sometimes you can fix a problem with The Sims 4 by simply resetting the custom files. It’s relatively simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Go to My Documents > Open the Electronic Art folder.
- Find the Sims 4 folder > right-click on it > select Copy.
- Navigate to the desktop > right-click in the empty area > select Paste.
- Right-click on the copied folder > select Rename.
- Change the folder name > Start a new game.
9. Uninstall recently installed applications
Some applications and programs can cause conflicts with the Sims 4 and even block the boot process. Uninstall the latest programs installed on your computer and restart the game.
If you want to make sure that the problematic application is removed completely, we recommend using the uninstaller.
This software removes all files and registry entries associated with the application you are trying to remove.
If you are looking for a good uninstaller, be sure to try IOBit Uninstaller (free download).
So we hope these quick repairs have helped you get the game started. If you have found other solutions to boot problems in The Sims 4, please indicate the troubleshooting steps in the Responses section below.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in April 2017 and revised and updated in January 2023 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
sims 4 won't open mac,sims 4 won't load household 2023,sims 4 not loading 2023,sims 4 won't open windows 10,sims 4 won't open with mods,my sims 4 game is stuck on the loading screen,sims 4 won't open after update 2023,sims 4 pc won't start,why won't origin let me play sims 4,sims 4 not working 2023,sims 4 unable to start already running,why won't my sims game load,sims 4 crashing on startup 2023,sims 4 takes forever to start,sims 4 won't open says already running,what happens when you repair sims 4,sims 4 antivirus,sims 4 running in background,cracked sims 4 won't open,why is my sims 4 not opening,sims 4 unable to start