Here’s how to set up a VPN on your router using Windows and connect your PlayStation 4 to a VPN.
- Buy a premium VPN (we recommend personal Internet access).
- Access to the PIA Client Area
- Click on Downloads
- Click on Go to OpenVPN generator
- Select the latest version of OpenVPN, the Windows platform and the region you want to use on your PS4 data
- Select the recommended UDP port and click
- Move the downloaded OVPN file to a secure location.
- Log in to the router’s administration using a web browser (the address is usually http://192.168.0.1).
- Make sure your router supports VPN.
- Locate the VPN client area on the router firmware.
- Download the PIA OVPN file
- Navigate to Settings in the main menu PS4
- Select Network > Configure Internet connection
- Select Use Wi-Fi > Simple
- Connecting to your home Wi-Fi network
The steps above will help you set up personal Internet access on your router. All devices connecting to your router automatically connect to the VPN server, including your game console.
However, if you want to change the VPN server location or VPN protocol, you will need to download a new OVPN file from PIA and update the existing OpenVPN file on your router.
An easier but less efficient option is to use your Windows 10 VPN connection with your PS4 wirelessly or wired. See our VPN setup guide for PlayStation 4 to find out how.
We recommend private Internet access because it’s the best VPN for gaming, with an impressive selection of over 23,500 VPNs and proxies in 99 locations in 77 countries.
With PIA you can not only change your PSN area, but also reduce ping in multiplayer games.
Private Internet access
Change your PSN area on PS4, protect your internet connection and reduce pings in multiplayer games with this reliable VPN.
Note that some routers allow them to be converted to VPN servers, but do not support external VPN services. It is therefore best to ensure that your router can work with third-party VPNs before attempting this method.
Finally, if you connect your PS4 to the Internet via a PC, you can use the standard PC VPN client. On the other hand, it can be a little more difficult to set up.
In conclusion, changing the PSN country into PS4 is not a difficult task. It appears that Sony does not and will not ignore IP address or location based queries to identify your region.
Of course, you can’t buy content in the U.S. PS Store without a U.S. credit or debit card or a U.S. PayPal account.
But third-party sources such as eBay have made it easier to buy credits from SP digital stores in the U.S., which also works well for buying U.S. content without actually being in the U.S..
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in September 2023 and revised and updated to be up to date, accurate and complete in January 2023.
how to change psn region 2023,move psn account to another country,how to change region on ps4 2023,psn change country,i can't change my region on ps4,ps4 change region code,playstation,playstation store,playstation network,how to change currency on ps4