- Subscribe to a VPN subscription plan (we recommend PIA).
- Download and install the Windows 10 desktop client.
- Launch the application and click on its icon in the system tray.
- Go to Settings > Network.
- Have the tunnel split and allow LAN traffic.
- Click Add Application and select a program.
- Open the drop-down menu next to the program.
- Select Bypass VPN if you want the software to stay connected to your home network.
- Or select VPN only to connect the software to a VPN server.
- Set all other applications to Bypass VPN or Only VPN (depending on the application’s connection mode).
- Click IP Address if you want to exclude specific IP addresses from the VPN tunnel.
- Restart PIA and add programs to the separation tunnel.
There are several VPN clients that support fractional tunneling, and the best of these is private internet access. It gives you more functionality than Windows 10.
Specifically, you can whitelist or blacklist applications and IP addresses to always use a VPN or bypass it and stay directly connected to the Internet.
Moreover, PIA is the best VPN for Paypal, allowing you to perform secure transactions over public, unencrypted Wi-Fi hotspots.
Read more about environmental impact assessment :
- No logs or leaks
- 24/7 online support
- 30 days money back guarantee (no free trial)
- Payment by credit card, PayPal or crypto
Private Internet access
Easy enablement of split VPN tunneling in Windows 10 with PIA.
You can also configure split tunneling on the router if the firmware supports this feature.
This is a great way to share a VPN connection with devices that don’t have built-in VPN client support. B. Game consoles.
If you’re worried about your safety, you shouldn’t be. Fractional tunneling does not take away any of the security features of the VPN if you are using a secure protocol with strong encryption, for example. B. OpenVPN with AES 256-bit.
At the same time, split tunneling does not affect the connection speed and does not add latency. Enabling split tunneling on Windows 10 computers has only advantages, so feel free to try it for yourself.
In summary, you can set up split tunneling by modifying Windows 10’s VPN connection properties or by using PowerShell.
However, we think it’s easier to switch to a VPN service that supports split tunneling, for example. B. Private Internet access (buy here).
The PIA allows you to easily switch from split-tunneling mode to split-tunneling mode and has many other amazing features.
The fourth option is to configure split tunneling mode on the router if the router firmware supports this feature. It redirects network traffic to all devices connected to your home Wi-Fi.
Have you been able to set up a two-lane tunnel on a VPN? Tell us your results in the comments below.
FAQ: More information about VPN split tunneling
Two-part tunneling is completely safe to set up and use. When you set up a VPN between two networks, you don’t have to worry about security breaches.
- Does OpenVPN support fractional tunneling?
Yes, OpenVPN supports split tunneling. You can exclude IP addresses with:route IP address netmask net_gateway
For example:route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 net_gateway
- How do I know if my VPN is tunneled?
Start PowerShell, add the Get-VPN connection and check the status of SplitTunneling.
route certain traffic through vpn windows 10, split tunneling cisco anyconnect windows 10, openvpn split tunneling, openvpn split tunneling windows 10, windows 10 vpn split tunnel not working, nordvpn split tunneling, how to tell if split tunneling is enabled, nordvpn split tunneling windows 10