However, the user interface of Windows and other software also contains a lot of text that cannot be selected and copied.
If you need to copy text that you cannot select by holding down the left mouse button, see Capture2Text and Textify for Windows 10.
Capture2Text and Textify are two programs that allow you to copy text that is normally unselectable.
These are two small utilities that can be used to highlight the text of more specific software by pressing the appropriate hotkeys.
However, we have another option that could be much more attractive than those two. All three are useful programs that allow you to highlight text.
How do I select a text that cannot be selected?
1. Text selection with Adobe Acrobat
- Open the official home page and click on the Download Now button.
- After installing the program, open the Acrobat preferences.
- Then move on to the general category.
- Here you can see how the Main tool selects text and images.
- Until now it was possible to select text without having to activate the selection tool. Use the cursor to select the text you want to highlight.
- Finally, right-click in the highlighted area and select Select Text.
Highlighting non-selectable text is not difficult if you use a robust PDF solution such as Adobe Acrobat. More than five million organizations around the world rely on it, and for good reason.
In addition to getting the job done, you can expect an elegant user interface, an incredible ability to compare two documents of different formats, and annotation and sharing capabilities in the cloud.
2. Text selection with Capture2Text
- First open this page and click on Capture2Text_v3.9 to save the zip file.
- Open Capture2Text_v3.9 Zip in File Explorer, then click the Extract All button to extract it. Select the path to retrieve it, and you can open the program from there.
- When the software is running, you will find the Capture2Text icon in the system tray. Right-click and select Preferences to open the window that appears immediately below in the screenshot.
- Click the Save to Clipboard button on the Capture2Text context menu if it is not already selected.
- Then open the window with the text you want to copy. As an example, you can also open the display settings window as shown below.
- Place the cursor next to the text you want to copy. Then press the Windows + Q key and drag the cursor. You should see a blue box where you can now select text by dragging the cursor.
- Drag the blue frame around the text you want to copy. The copied text should then appear in the top left corner of the window, as in the image below.
- Now open Notepad and press Ctrl + V to paste the copied text.
3. Text selection with text
- Save the Zip text by clicking the Download Now button on this Softpedia page.
- Open the compressed program folder and click Textify to run it from the zip file.
- When you open the Textify window above, find text you want to copy to Windows 10.
- Move the mouse pointer over the text you want to copy and press the Shift + center mouse button, the standard keyboard shortcut. The following window opens with the text you have chosen to copy.
- The text in the field is highlighted so you can press Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy and paste.
- Textify allows you to copy text from the Start menu, such as applications and software shortcuts. Note that the text-based help window opens behind the Start menu.
Perform a system check for possible errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair All to troubleshoot proprietary technologies.
Scan the PC with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files are replaced with new Windows files and components.
You can use Capture2Text to annotate many software texts that you would not normally be able to copy. However, you still cannot copy the Start menu text using this utility.
Textify is an alternative program that allows you to select and copy a little more text from the Start menu and any other program window.
Textify and Capture2Text are excellent tools for highlighting and copying text.
textify, how to select unselectable text in website, copy unselectable text, how do you copy and paste unselectable text, how to force highlight text, select unselectable text chrome, copy any text on screen pc, unselectable text example