The vast majority of Windows applications are written in C++. You can find applications written in C# or Java, but few of them do the job. C++ applications are much more common. To run these applications, you need to install the redistribution Visual C ++. It is installed on most systems. You may not remember how it was installed, but it was probably installed by an application that needed it.
The Visual C++ distribution kit can be downloaded from the Microsoft website and installed manually. If you try to install Visual C++ manually and find Microsoft Visual C++ installation error 0070666, you can use one of the following methods to correct it.
- 1 Remove all Visual C++ packages that are already installed.
- 2 January 2022 Updated:
- 3 Checking for Windowsupdates
- 4 Restore display C ++ Installation
Remove all Visual C++ packages that are already installed.
- Other Visual C ++ packages, such as Visual C ++ 2017, may block the installation of C ++ 2015.
- To solve this problem, press the Windows key + the R key combination.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Open text box and click OK to open the Windows uninstaller.
- Select the Microsoft Visual C ++ package that needs to be removed.
- Click on the Delete option.
- Then follow the uninstall instructions to remove the software.
- Repeat steps three through five to remove all packages from Visual C ++.
- After removing the Visual C ++ package, restart Windows.
- Then try to install the Visual C ++ package, which results in error 0070666.
January 2022 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Checking for Windowsupdates
Error 0070666 can be caused by pending updates that already install the same C+ package that the user is trying to install.
- Press Windows + S to check for Windows updates.
- Enter your updated keyword in the search field.
- Click Check Updates to open the Settings tab, which appears directly below it.
- Then click the Check for updates button. Windows 10 starts up while waiting for updates.
- After that, you need to restart Windows.
Restore display C ++ Installation
Error 007066 can be caused by a damaged Visual C++ package. Therefore, you can try to fix the error by downloading the installer and opening the repair window via CMD. Follow the instructions :
Step one. Make sure the installer for the package you want is already installed on your computer. Make sure you know the exact location. If the installer is not available on your computer, download it again.
Step two: Type cmd in the search box, right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
Step three: Enter CD C: Users * YourUser * Load in the window and press Enter.
Step four: Type vc_redist.x64.exe / uninstall into the window and press Enter.
Step Five: Click on the Recover button and follow the on-screen instructions to recover the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable package.
Step six. Restart the computer and try reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package to see if the error persists.
Applications that require a redistributed version of Microsoft Visual C ++ cannot work without it. There is no alternative to that. Therefore, problems should be solved with the installer. It is generally recommended to install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C ++, especially if you are using the latest version of Windows 10.
Let us know in the comments below if you encountered error 0070666 and what worked on your computer.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
frequently asked questions
How can I correct error 0070666?
CORRECTION: Microsoft Visual C++ installation error 0070666
How can I fix the installation error of Visual Studio?
How do I troubleshoot a failed installation of Microsoft Visual C++?
Visual C++ 2015 Redistributed Configuration Error 0070666 …