These three phones are flagship devices powered by a powerful Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 processor. And as you already know, Samsung’s displays are the best you can get, even in the Galaxy S21 series with a 120Hz refresh rate. The Galaxy S21 series is also compatible with One UI 3.1 and Android 11. And there are many opportunities for customization. However, you can still use the phone for advanced adjustments.
Samsung Galaxy phones are popular for custom modifications because Samsung allows users in different regions to unlock the bootloader. However, Samsung does not allow this in some areas, so for some users, rooting may not be possible. But if you have the Exynos variant, you can easily unlock the bootloader and run the Galaxy S21. Here we explain how to unlock the bootloader of the Galaxy S21 series.
Samsung is a popular OEM among custom developers. And most Galaxy phones have had ROM support and custom coverage for years. But if someone wants to take advantage of the One user interface, but with a few extra features, they can run their Galaxy phone. Rootedness isn’t as easy as it used to be for Samsung, but it’s still possible. Thanks to John Wu, the developer of Magisk, for his excellent work in getting users to root their phones.
Samsung Galaxy S21 unlocks a boat
Samsung phones also come with a locked bootloader, just like other Android phones. But the OEM allows its users to unlock the launcher in most regions. Since this step is mandatory to boot an Android phone, read here how to know which Galaxy S21 bootloader can be unlocked. You can unlock the bootloader of the Exynos variant and the Snapdragon variant in Hong Kong. If you have these options, you can do the following.
Steps to unlock the Galaxy S21 Starter Charger
- First, make a full backup of your Galaxy S21, as this process will erase all data on your device.
- After you have retrieved the backup, open Settings on your phone and go to Phone info > Application info.
- You can find the building number under Software Information. Tap it about 7 to 8 times to activate the developer options. It will indicate that you are now a developer.
- Go back to the main settings and then go to Advanced Settings > Developer Settings.
- Now enable OEM unlock and USB debugging in the developer settings.
- After unlocking the OEM and enabling USB debugging, the camera turns off. Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys and connect the phone to your computer.
- A warning screen appears on your phone and you can then release both buttons. Now press the volume up button once and the Galaxy S21 will enter the boot mode.
- Press and hold the volume up key while in download mode. The unlock bootloader will then start on the Samsung S21 and all data will be erased.
- Restart the phone and connect to the Internet. Make sure the OEM unlocks are grayed out in the developer options. If not, wait a few days and repeat the steps.
You can confirm the status of the bootloader in OEM Unlock under Developer Options. And if it is greyed out, it means that you have managed to unlock the bootloader of your Galaxy S21. Once this is done, you can proceed to root your Galaxy S21 phone with Magisk. But before we go through the list of demands.
steps to root the Samsung Galaxy S21
Samsung root devices are not as easy as other brands because of the different partition and layout. But it is possible if you follow the correct procedure. And here you will learn the steps to root your S21 Galaxy. Thanks to John Wu for Magisk, which allows users to easily install a root on their phone. Then let’s go downstairs.
- Unzip the downloaded Galaxy S21 on your computer and look for an AP file (file that starts with AP).
- Install the Magisk Manager (canary assembly recommended) on your Galaxy S21. Skip this step if the application is already installed on your device.
- After installation, open the Magisk Manager application on your phone and click Install.
- A pop-up window will appear where you need to select and repair the file.
- Browse and select the bootable tar file and wait for the correction process. It may take a few seconds to repair the file.
- After it is repaired, the output file is saved in the download folder under the name magisk_patched.tar. Use the following command to copy the corrected tar file to your PC (copying directly may corrupt the corrected file). USB debugging required.
- ad /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.tar pull
- Open the Odin Flash tool on your computer. On the right side of the tool, load the Magic Fix file into the AP. And download the correct BL, CP and Home CSC files (included in the firmware).
- Now start the Galaxy S21 in boot mode.
- The Odin tool will detect your phone and it will appear in blue in the first batch above the ID : COM.
- Once you have completed all of the above steps, click the Start button. This starts with flashing the corrected Magisk file on your phone.
- When you are finished, the unit displays Pass and restarts. Perform a factory reset if the unit remains stuck in a boot loop.
- After the restart, turn on your phone’s internet connection. Install Magisk Manager if it is not present on your phone. Open the application and follow the steps that appear in the dialog box.
That’s it, you now have root access to your Samsung Galaxy S21 phone. You can now use applications and functions that require root access. Also, if you want to try modules, you can use different Xposed modules on your phone. You can also read how to install Xposed Framework on Android 11 here.
Here is a complete guide on how to rotate the Samsung Galaxy S21 series, as well as a guide on how to unlock the Galaxy S21 bootloader. And if you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.
s21 root,s20 root,magisk canary,twrp,Privacy settings,How Search works,magisk,twrp s21 ultra,s21 unlock bootloader,magisk manager