Bluetooth devices. Cell phones. Wireless adapter. Wi-Fi. Tablets. All these devices can exchange data through this function. For a cross-platform connection, this setting must be enabled.
You cannot send phone messages or view phone notifications on your Windows 10 desktop.
The new app for your phone in Windows 10 only works if this feature is enabled.
On some Samsung models, we can also manage Android applications from the laptop. By 2021, even mobile settings can be controlled from a Windows 10 computer.
All of this can only be done with the Windows Experience feature.
- 1 What are the disadvantages?
- 2 Method 1 – Shared test with parametersapplication
- 3 Method 2 – Disable the Windows 10 shared experience using the local Group Policy Editor (GPO)
- 4 Method 3 – Allow shared experiences in Windows 10 using theRegistry Editor
What are the disadvantages?
Most people work on their desktop or laptop for office applications like outlook, excel, word, note, ppt. They don’t want to be disturbed by notifications and messages from their phones.
People want to use mobile and desktop computers as separate entities.
Another important factor is speed!
Too many devices using shared experiences make Windows 10 computers slow.
Opening the Start menu, using the file explorer, the group policy editor, application notifications, etc. will not be as fast.
To do this, to speed up Windows 10, users turn off shared experiences completely.
In the latest 20H2 and 2004 updates, this system setting can be changed very easily.
In this guide, we’ll look at 3 ways to enable and disable Windows 10 Shared Experiences.
- Press Win + I to open the Settings application.
- System > Overall experience.
- Shared Experiences uses all system accounts to facilitate working with cross-platform devices.
- General access to the devices is shown below.
- To activate trigger mode, drag the slider to the ON position.
Message: Activate this function. Apps on other devices work together with apps on your Windows 10 computer.
Two other options are below – I can share or get from
- For my devices only
The first option allows you to communicate with your personal or family devices. The second option, on the other hand, connects to all nearby devices.
- To turn it off, move the slider to the OFF position.
You can use the Group Policy Editor to disable and enable sharing settings.
- In the Windows 10 search box, type some words from the local group policy editor.
- The output of the Group Policy as a part of the Control Panel is displayed. Click on it.
- Another option is to type the command gpedit.msc in the Run dialog box.
- Take the following route –
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy
- On the right-hand side is Standard.
- On the right, double-click Next setup on this device.
Message: Default set to Not configured. Otherwise, the value of the Settings app in Windows 10.
- To disable Shared Experiences, select the Disabled check box. Click on Apply. Close the window.
This works in the Windows 10 Pro version if you have administrator rights. Home users are not responsible for using the local Group Policy Editor.
- To enable this setting, select the Enabled check box. This allows shared experiences to be applied to all users of this system.
Useful for network administrators in the office. You want to disable shared experiences on all computers. Run a script or batch file to make it work.
- Type Registry Editor in the Windows 10 search box. This opens the application.
- Permission setting for the application.
- Take the next step…
- Right-click on the key in the Windows folder and create a new key.
- Name the system key and press Enter.
- Right click on the newly created folder and create a DWORD value (32 bits).
- Name the EnableCdp button and press Enter.
- Double-click the button and set the value to 1.
Close the registry editor. Then restart the computer so that the registry settings work. From now on, your shared experience is disabled on this computer. This works for versions of Windows 10 Pro where you have administrator rights.
To re-enable the function, remove the EnableCdp button or set the value to . This way, you get the normal functionality of multiple devices working together with the Windows 10 system.
frequently asked questions
What is experience sharing in Windows 10?
With Microsoft Shared Experiences, you can start a task on one device and finish it on another, or simply set up a remote control or other companion app on your smartphone.
In File Explorer, click on the Sharing tab, select Sharing, and then select the name of the device you want to share. On the device you are sharing with, select Save and open or Save for notification.
How do I turn off Microsoft Experience Sharing?
Windows Forum by en-us
shared experience windows 10 fix now,how to use shared experience windows 10,windows shared experiences fix now,windows 10 shared experiences remove account,windows 10 shared experiences some of your accounts require attention,shared experiences windows 10 asking for password,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to disable shared experiences windows 10,shared experiences use all system accounts to authorize actions across devices