- 1 Why is my printer not printing?
- 2 Printer does not print Windows 10
- 3 alt=default printer width=702 height=462 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Set-Default-printer.jpg />
Why is my printer not printing?
So the question that comes to mind is this: Why doesn’t my printer print the documents? Several factors can cause problems with your HP printer, such as missing or outdated printer drivers, faulty connections, incorrect configuration in Windows, or a temporary glitch. Again, a shortage of ink or a paper jam can be the cause of a printer failure.
Printer does not print Windows 10
If your printer is producing blank pages or queued documents and not printing, you can fix the problem here so you can get back to work.
First we restart the printer and the computer. This is likely to be useful if a temporary issue prevents full task printing in Windows 10.
Printer status check
Next, you need to check the status of the printer. When the printer is e. B. is offline, it cannot perform print jobs.
- Make sure your printer has enough paper, ink or toner and, most importantly, that there are no paper jams.
- Sometimes your printer prints blank pages because the toner is empty. Check to see if it is, or if you have an inkjet printer, check the ink level.
- Take a look at the print cartridge. If the status of the print cartridge is defective, replace it with a new one.
- Check the connection cables between the power supply and the printer’s power connector. Check the USB cable connection between the USB port on the printer and the USB port on the Windows computer to make sure it is securely connected.
- If you have a network printer, make sure that the network cable between the HP printer and the switch (or router) is properly connected. Also note the lighting for the HP printer.
Well tested above, the printer is ready but does not print the documents, so apply the following solution.
Set up default printer
Sometimes the printer does not print because of an incorrect configuration. Let’s set the right printer as the default printer, which will probably solve the non-printer problem in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + Control Panel key type S and select the first result,
- Click Hardware and Sound, and then Devices and Printers.
- A list of all installed printers appears. Right-click the HP printer and select Set as Default.
- If you have any questions, just follow along.
alt=default printer width=702 height=462 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Set-Default-printer.jpg />
Deleting the remaining print jobs
Another possible reason the printer is not printing is a blocked print queue. Yes, failed print jobs can also interrupt normal printer operation and prevent the printer from printing in window 10.
- Open Devices and Printers in the Control Panel.
- Under Printers, right-click the active printer and select Watch What Prints.
- Click on the Printer menu and select Open as Administrator.
alt=print erase=641 height=328 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Clear-print-job.jpg />
- Open the printer menu again and select Cancel All Documents this time.
- Press Yes to confirm your action and delete all print jobs.
Checking the operation of the pressure reel
The Print Spooler service plays an important role in the execution of complete print jobs on a Windows PC. When you send a print job, the Print Pooler temporarily stores print jobs in the computer’s memory until the printer is ready to print. If the print spooler service stops for any reason, or it is none of your business, you may encounter the problem of not being able to print.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and press ok
- This will open the Windows service console, scroll down and find the Print Spooler service.
- Look at the status of the print spooler service if it is active, right click on it and select restart.
- If the Print Spooler service is not active, double-click it to open its properties,
- The start type changes automatically, the start takes place immediately after the execution of the function.
alt=Restart print spooler service width=629 height=458 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/restart-the-Print-spooler-service.jpg data-ez= />
Troubleshooting printer starts
Launch the built-in printer troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix issues that prevent the printer from running print jobs in Windows 10. When you troubleshoot printer problems, it checks to see if you have the latest printer drivers, or attempts to repair or update them. Also watch for connectivity issues, whether the pressure washer and required services are working properly, and more.
- Press the Windows + X button to select a setting,
- If you have a problem, click Update and Security,
- Click on the Devices link for advanced troubleshooting, scroll down to find the printer and select it.
- Click Run Troubleshooting and follow the on-screen instructions for Windows 10 to automatically identify and correct problems that prevent jobs from printing completely.
alt=printer troubleshooting width=574 height=514 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Printer-troubleshooter.jpg />
You can also run the Printer Diagnostics program by running the msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostics command.
You can also click here to download the latest version from Microsoft.
When you connect your printer to your computer, Windows usually provides you with the necessary drivers. But if you have a faulty or outdated printer driver, your printer won’t print either. In this case, you must reinstall or update the driver by following these steps.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and press ok
- This opens the Windows Device Manager and displays a list of all installed device drivers,
- Expand the print queue, then right-click the printer driver and select Remove Device from the highlighted menu. and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the operation.
- Open the Programs and Features window again with appwiz.cpl.
- See if the printer driver is there, if it is found, right click on it and delete it.
- Restart your computer to completely uninstall the printer driver from your computer.
Now download and install the latest printer driver on your computer. To do this, go to the printer manufacturer’s website, visit the support page for your model, and manually download the driver or software.
Did these solutions do anything to a situation where the hp printer was not printing documents or the printer was printing blank pages in window 10? Let us know in the comments below.
Also read :
alt=Ezoic data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/No-Audio-Output-Device-Is-Installed-Windows-10-version-20H2.png /> Report this ad.
why is my printer connected but not printing?, hp printer not printing anything, hp printer troubleshooting guide, why is my hp printer printing blank pages, hp printer troubleshooting guide pdf, hp wireless printer problems, why is my printer printing blank pages – hp deskjet, hp printer not responding to print command