Lubuntu is an open source Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. It is lighter, less energy-intensive and uses the LXQT desktop environment.
The first version of Lubuntu uses LXDE as a desktop environment, but version 18.04 uses LXQT. If you are already a Lubuntu user using LXDE, transitioning to higher versions with LXQT will be difficult.
In this case, you must select a new copy of Lubuntu 20.04. Let’s see what the official documentation says about the switch from LXDE to LXQT.
Due to the important changes required to migrate to the desktop environment, the Lubuntu team does not support the upgrade from version 18.04 or lower to a larger version. This will result in a system error. If you are dated 18.04 or earlier and wish to perform an update, please perform a new installation.
The Lubuntu manual is a good starting point for the installation. It has good documentation to understand what this distribution has to offer. Because Lubuntu is a derivative of Ubuntu and has access to Ubuntu software repositories through the Software Discovery Center, the synaptic package manager and the apt package manager, it comes with the Linux kernel 5.0.4-42-generic and the bash version 5.0.17.
The latest version of Lubuntu is 20.04 LTS and is supported until April 2023.
Lubuntu exhaust cycle
Ubuntu and some of its derivatives use Ubiquity as an installer, but Lubuntu uses the Calamares installer.
Lubuntu 20.04 ISODownload images
First download the ISO image of Lubuntu 20.04 from the official website, as shown on the image.
Now let’s start installing Lubuntu 20.04.
Installation of Lubuntu 20.04 Linux
For demonstration purposes I install the Lubuntu 20.04 operating system on a VMware workstation, but you can install it as a separate operating system or as a dual-boot with another operating system such as Windows or another Linux distribution.
If you are a Windows user, you can use Rufus to create a bootable USB stick to install the operating system.
1. Once you have started with your player, you will be asked to choose between several options. Select Start Lubuntu.
Lubuntu starter unit
2. The installer checks the file system on the hard disk. You can start or cancel it with CTRL+C. If you cancel the file system check, it will take some time before you can proceed to the next step.
Check the Lubuntu file system
3. Now click on Install Lubuntu 20.04 LTS from the desktop to start the installation process. You can use the desktop until the installation is complete.
Lubuntu installation program
4. The installation program starts and prompts you to select the desired language. Select the language of your choice and click Next.
Choose Lubuntu language
5. Select a location (region and area) and click Next.
Choose a location
6. Select the keyboard layout and press Next.
Select the keyboard layout
7. You can delete the disk completely or partition it manually. I keep erasing the disk.
8. Create a system account – system name, user, password, and click Next.
Create system account
9. Read the previous steps in the overview and click on Install.
Summary of the table in the Lubuntu section
10. The installation has now started, and compared to other Ubuntu-based distributions, the installation of Lubuntu will be much faster.
Installation of Lubuntu
11. The installation is complete. Restart the car. You can also use the Lubuntu living environment if you need it. Just remove the USB Installer or DVD before rebooting.
Lubuntu Installation Complete installation
12. After the restart, a login window will appear. Enter the username and password we created during installation.
Lubuntu Desktop Computer
The freshly installed copy of Lubuntu 20.04 is now ready for use. Play with it, study it and share your sales reports with us.
If you like what we do here at TecMint, you should think:.
TecMint is the fastest growing and most reliable community site for all articles, guides and books about Linux on the web. Millions of people visit TecMint! to find or consult thousands of published articles that are accessible to everyone for FREE.
If you like what you read, consider buying us a coffee (or 2) as a thank you.
Thank you for your continued support.lubuntu vs xubuntu,how to install lubuntu,lubuntu support,lubuntu live usb,lubuntu virtualbox,kubuntu-desktop,lubuntu 20.04 download,lubuntu 20.04 review,lubuntu 18.04 system requirements,lubuntu live,lubuntu qt-desktop,lubuntu 18.04 review,xubuntu 20.04 review,ubuntu 20.04 hacker news,ubuntu 20.04 pinyin,xubuntu 20.04 lts release date,lubuntu installation failed,how long does it take to install lubuntu,lubuntu 32-bit support,raspberry pi lubuntu,how to install lubuntu on old laptop,lubuntu 20.04 raspberry pi,lubuntu live cd,lubuntu install download