There are multiple fabrics used for manufacturing curtains, especially for the outdoor area. The materials you normally use for your window curtains might differ a bit when it comes to the outdoor ones. The outdoor curtains need to be way more strong, durable and heavier in weight when compared to the indoor ones. These outdoor curtains have to withstand the test of time along with daily pressure from the surrounding environment. Whether it is freezing outside of pouring heavily, the outdoor curtains have to deal with all of it if they want to stand the test of time.
Therefore, you have special materials used for manufacturing outdoor curtains like this, and there are quite a few if you are able to complete your research properly. Now, which one is the best among the lot depends on your needs and requirements. There are so many options available, but it is really important to check out all the possible fabric materials available before going for the final purchase.
- 1 The beauty of the olefin fabric:
- 2 Focusing on the acrylic fabric:
- 3 The polyester and the polyester blend:
- 4 The best features to check-in:
- 5 Need to be water-resistant in nature:
- 6 Fade-resistant and UV protection:
- 7 Perfect and eco-friendly in nature:
- 8 Opt for the certified fabrics only:
- 9 Work with the best:
The beauty of the olefin fabric:
Olefin is mostly known as polypropylene, and it was invented in the 1960s as the byproduct of natural gas and oil production. As it is one synthetic material, it is a solution or pigment-dyed and will ensure that the color remains UV resistant and stable. This is exactly what you need in your curtain outdoors as these fabrics will have to stand directly towards the sun.
- Olefin fabric is also known to dry out quickly when wet and will not fade in direct sunlight. It does sound magical, isn’t it? So, even if it is pouring outside, when the rain subsides, you don’t have to wait much for the curtain to dry out and reuse again.
- Olefin is always considered to be the very first fiber choice for marine carpeting because of its innate UV resistant characteristics. It is a great choice for the fabric when it comes to outdoor curtains.
Focusing on the acrylic fabric:
If you want to get a break from Olefin and try something new, then don’t forget to think about acrylic fabric for a while. Acrylic is another fabric type, which will perform well outdoors. Acrylic has been popular with some major brands, which have been making curtains for a long time.
- These fabrics will have a vibrant assortment of colors, which will be ranging from solids to stripes.
- Acrylic is also known for building static charge, which can be the magnet for those pet hairs. It is also a great outdoor fabric choice because of its good looks and long lasting durability.
- If you are looking for a fabric, which can withstand UV rays well, then these fabrics are the ones for you to consider.
The polyester and the polyester blend:
If you are looking for the common fabric for your outdoor curtain material, then the polyester and fabric made with the blends of the polyester yarns will be some of the best options to check in. When compared to some of the other high end outdoor curtain options, this one is purposely cheaper and susceptible to discoloration and fading.
- If you do not mind changing the outdoor curtains once every year or two, or if you are in a tight budget spot, then polyester might be the right one for you.
- The best part is that just because the price is cheap, that doesn’t mean you won’t get a choice with the colors or designs. So, make sure to get through these points and then focus on the right blends of all.
The best features to check-in:
Once you are sure of the materials, which are perfect for the outdoor curtain, it is time to look for the best features before purchasing the final one. Before you purchase any outdoor fabric for the curtain manufacturing sector, be sure to take the task into your hand. Create a checklist of the features before shopping, and you will discover the proper fabric for the outdoor curtains.
Need to be water-resistant in nature:
The outdoor curtains must be able to dry up quickly, and those should not remain soggy for a long time. After a passing shower, you just have to wait for a few minutes for the curtain to dry up completely and be ready to be reused.
The fabrics that will absorb a lot of water like canvas or cotton might get too heavy after a heavy rainstorm and will be at higher risk of developing mildew and mold.
Fade-resistant and UV protection:
Direct sunlight can be a lot tougher on outdoor fabric. The harsh UV exposure on some of the untreated fabrics will cause them to just bleach out and fade. It will cause unwanted discoloration and dullness within a short span of time.
So, make sure to log online and get along with the best products, which are UV resistant, and then use that fabric material for manufacturing your curtains now.
Perfect and eco-friendly in nature:
Enjoying outdoor living for you will always mean looking out for the environment. The manufacturing procedure of these fabrics for curtains will create very little waste, like with the olefin fabrics. Moreover, the fabrics remain 100% recyclable, which is another way to safeguard your favorite nature. It can be melted down completely or re-extruded into some new yarn and rewoven up to 10 times!
Opt for the certified fabrics only:
Make it a point to join hands with the curtain manufacturers who have a certificate to offer quality fabric material for the final pieces. The GREENGUARD certificate has been made to meet some of the stringent standards for the lower emission of the VOCs. It is one major fabric feature to look for while protecting air quality anywhere you plan to cover the space with the outdoor curtain.
Work with the best:
Don’t forget to check out the reliable brands with good reviews before purchasing any curtain for covering the outdoor space of your home.