Apart from the public health department, we also have a private health industry that privatizes the health sector. In addition to the medical facilities, this industry also works on providing insurance. Though medical facilities offered by the public sector medical industry are quite good, still more than half of the population of the United States is covered by private insurance.
However, there is something that makes the private health industry not accessible to everyone. And this thing is the expenses. These insurance plans are too expensive and therefore, they are not accessible to everyone.
If you are looking for such plans, you can find them easily. However, the question is, can you afford them? This is the important question that you need to ask yourself.
What to do?
If you are looking for health insurance from the private sector, you can find it easily. But you need to spend time looking for the one that suits you the best. However, there is a platform that provides you the option of comparing most such private insurance plans.
We will suggest you go to fairhealthcare.com.au and do the comparison yourself. There you will be able to compare the different plans with the Fair Health Care Alliance. This will give you the freedom to do the comparison and choose a plan that fits your needs.
Are such expensive plans worth it?
But our question is still here. Are such expensive private insurance plans worth it? Let’s have a look at that;
What do these plans cover?
If the plans are so expensive, what are they offering? This is a question that is sure to come to your mind. So let’s find out.
Here are the things that you can expect from private health insurance;
- They will provide you with the option of getting private consultations with specialist doctors. This is something that you cannot easily get otherwise. And the reason is that specialist doctors are too busy and have a very hectic schedule. Furthermore, they are also quite expensive. So this is something that you can easily achieve from your private health insurance.
- You will have the option of getting in-patient treatment. And the in-patient treatment also includes surgeries. So if you experience any serious problem and you have your private insurance, you can get a consultation and have your surgery scheduled without any trouble.
- In addition to this, in-patient treatment, you will also get access to out-patient services. These services include x-rays, scans, and different tests. So if you need to get any test done, it will be covered by the insurance.
- If you are in a physical field and do sports or running, you will often experience sports injuries. Likewise, if you get a back issue or your back has always been hurting, you can get physiotherapy and this will be included in the insurance plan.
- Above all, with your private insurance plan, you will have access to medical helplines and other virtual General Physician appointments around the clock.
The pros of getting a private health insurance
Even if private health insurance is expensive, you will get to enjoy a lot of things. So let’s have a look at the pros first;
- You will have quick access to consultations, diagnoses, scans and other medical treatments
- Insurance holders will have specialist referrals at their requests
- Even if the medication or the needed treatment is not available on the NHS, you will get access to that if you are having private health insurance.
- If you have a specific specialist or a doctor or a hospital in your mind, you will be able to choose him.
- The biggest benefit of private medical insurance is that you will have a private room. Thus, you will be able to enjoy the best facilities.
Of course, if private health insurance is offering so many benefits, there will be some exclusions. It is not possible to get all over the world. So the exclusions in a private health insurance plan are;
1 – Emergency treatment
If you need emergency treatment, it is not right to contact your insurance provider. Because it will take some time to contact the person responsible. Therefore, during emergencies, you must always contact the emergency helpline. As for the cost, you can get it reimbursed later on. However, you should get your treatment first.
2 – Maternity care
Pregnancy appointments and treatments are not covered by any of the private health insurance plans. Therefore, you can choose to give birth in a private or a public hospital. However, the thing that you need to know is that you are going to bear all the expenses. So whether it is your regular pregnancy appointment or your delivery, you will be paying all the dues.
3 – Chronic diseases
There are some chronic diseases that are not covered by private health insurance plans. Therefore, if you have any such disease, make sure to consult about it before you get insurance. If your disease is not covered by the plan, you will be bearing the expenses for that. Some of these chronic diseases include; diabetes and arthritis.
Cons of a private health insurance
- The first and most important point is that private health insurances are quite expensive. So you will be paying a hefty sum for that.
- Your chronic diseases are not covered by the plan and neither are the pregnancy treatments. So is it even beneficial for everyone?
- You will need to look at the details of the treatment that you will get. If you plan to add any treatments or diseases to your plan, you will be paying some extra amount.
To conclude, private health insurances offer a wide range of treatments, consultations, and services, however, you have to pay a heavy sum for that. So you will be deciding whether they are worth the money or not.