We are all looking to lead a healthy and happy life, aren’t we? However, the trouble is that this can be a lot easier said than done. This can cause you to feel a little bit overwhelmed. There is no need to feel this way. It is all about making small changes, which will then make a big difference overall. One of the changes that come highly recommended is switching your cup of coffee or regular tea for a Matcha green tea. If you have never heard of this amazing superfood before, we will explain everything you need to know about it in this blog post, as there are a lot of benefits to gain by adding Matcha to your diet.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is not just any old green tea! It is produced in a unique manner, and the entire tea leaf is consumed, making it more potent and the benefits much more effective. When producing Matcha, the green tea leaves are shaded from the sun during the last three weeks of the growth stage. This creates the gorgeous green color that Matcha has come to be associated with, as the shade increases the amount of chlorophyll. Once this step has been complete, the best leaves are ground into a fine powder. In most cases, no more than half a teaspoon is combined with boiling water to create a delicious green tea. However, there are some great recipes available incorporating Matcha, as you will discover later in the post.
Matcha: what are the health benefits?
An antioxidant powerhouse – The main reason why Matcha is considered so beneficial is that it delivers a huge amount of antioxidants with every sip. When compared with other superfoods, the difference is startling. Matcha has as many antioxidants as ten cups of brewed green tea. This means you would have to drink ten regular cups of green tea per day to experience the same benefits you get from Matcha. You’ll find more than 1,500 antioxidants in Matcha while there are 12 in spinach, 60 in Acai berries, 105 in pomegranate, and 253 in Goji berries.
- Skin health – Matcha also promotes healthy skin. This is because it contains epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and other powerful antioxidants that help to reduce free radicals and inflammation that cause skin aging to accelerate.
- Brain power – You can expect to experience an increase in concentration and focus once you have had a cup of Matcha. This is because of the L-Theanine that is present, which is known to aid the stimulation of alpha brain waves. Unlike coffee, you will get this boost without any jitters or side effects.
- Heart health – There have been several studies to prove the impact of Matcha on a healthy heart. In 2013, a review from Cochrane showed that drinking green tea on a regular basis could decrease the risk of a stroke and lower blood pressure. Another study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition proved that green tea lowers LDL cholesterol because of the catechins present. For more information on heart health, check out https://nature-tricks.com/.
- Lose weight – While Matcha cannot help you to shed pounds on its own, it can increase the speed at which you do so when combined with a healthy diet. This is because ECGC reduces the formation of new fat cells and boosts the rate of burning stored fat as energy. There are several studies that prove increased calorie burning when drinking Matcha green tea.
- Calming – The great thing about Matcha is that it can give you a good boost of energy while also promoting a state of calmness. This is because L-Theanine helps to balance caffeine. This content of L-Theanine is increased in Matcha green tea because of the shading process.
As you can see, this is certainly a powerful ingredient that boasts a whole host of benefits. You will be surprised by how much of a difference adding this to your diet can make.
Making sure that the Matcha is of a high quality
When you purchase Matcha green tea, it is important to make sure that the tea is of high quality. If it is not, it won’t taste as good and the benefits will not be felt as much. Matcha should always be a vibrant green shade. If it looks more yellow, brown, or dull in appearance, send the product back. Aside from this, you can make sure that the Matcha you purchase is of high quality by spending time reading reviews that have been left by others who have purchased Matcha from the website you are considering.
There are many different ways you can consume Matcha green tea
If you are not a big fan of drinking Matcha green tea, there are a lot of different ways that you can make sure you add this product to your diet. In fact, all you need to do is a quick search online and you will see that there are plenty of different recipes. This includes recipes for pancakes and cupcakes. Of course, you won’t want to have cupcakes every day, but there are some healthy recipes. You can also sprinkle some Matcha on your food. Or, how about having a Matcha smoothie or an iced Matcha latte? There are plenty of unique ideas and suggestions, and you can have a lot of fun experimenting with different recipes to find out what you prefer.
Final words on Matcha green tea and the benefits of it
So there you have it; an insight into Matcha green tea and the benefits that are associated with adding this drink to your diet. As you can see, there is a lot to gain by making the simple switch to Matcha green tea. However, you will want to make sure that you purchase quality Matcha tea so that you can enjoy this drink. Most people think the flavor is incredible but this is only going to be the case if you purchase with care.