- 1 Adobe Acrobat Reader
- 2 2. Saving PDF files in Microsoft Publisher 2016 or later
- 3 3. Saving PDF files in earlier versions of Microsoft Publisher
- 4 4. Updating, repairing or reinstalling a Microsoft Office installation
- 5 FAQ: More information on publisher compatibility with FDF
Perform a system check for possible errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair All to troubleshoot proprietary technologies.
Scan the PC with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files are replaced with new Windows files and components.
Instead of assuming Microsoft Publisher is the culprit in the first place, get the latest version of Adobe Reader and install it on your PC.
You probably don’t even need to perform the following troubleshooting steps.
Other interesting features:
- View and annotate PDF files
- Online collaboration
- Available on desktop and mobile computers
- Ability to convert PDF to Word
- Fill in and sign the PDF files
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the perfect choice for viewing and managing PDFs, so you should definitely try it.
2. Saving PDF files in Microsoft Publisher 2016 or later
- Close the edition.
- Press the Start button.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Devices.
- Select Printer and Scanner.
- If selected, clear the Let Windows manage default printer operation check box.
- Under Printer and Scanner, select a device other than the default printer. For example, select Fax or Print as PDF.
- Press the Control key.
- On the next page, click Set Default.
- Select a printer under Printer and Scanner.
- Press the button.
- Click Set Default.
- Start Publisher and try to save the file in PDF or XPS format.
It’s a simple solution, but it can help you if you’re having trouble converting Publisher to PDF.
3. Saving PDF files in earlier versions of Microsoft Publisher
- Compress the images in the document.
- Remove the background from a large document page or image.
- Remove transparent images from the document.
- Remove image effects such as color changes, brightness, or corrections from the document.
- Try installing the 64-bit version of Publisher, as this will not affect the problem.
4. Updating, repairing or reinstalling a Microsoft Office installation
1. Upgrading Microsoft Office
- Open any Office application, in this case the Editor, and create a new document.
- Go to the file.
- Navigate to an account (Office account if you have Outlook open).
- Select the update option.
- Click Update Now.
- For this to work, you must click Enable Updates.
2. Restore Microsoft Office
- Open Control Panel > Go to Programs.
- Select programs and functions.
- Find Microsoft Office and click Edit.
- Select Quick Restore > and click Restore.
3. Reinstalling Microsoft Office
- Press the Windows + R keys.
- Type Control and press Enter to open the control panel.
- Go to Programs.
- Select programs and functions.
- Find Microsoft Office and click Remove.
- Get a new copy of Microsoft Office from the official website and reinstall it.
What was the procedure? Let us know by using the comment section below.
FAQ: More information on publisher compatibility with FDF
- How do I open a PDF file in my editor?
To open a PDF file, click the Office logo in Publisher and then click Open. If this doesn’t work, use these quick fixes.
- Can you save the publisher’s files in PDF format?
Yes, you can. Just go to the File menu, click Publish to PDF or XPS and follow the steps in this detailed guide.
- Why can’t I save my editorial file as a PDF?
If you are experiencing this problem, keep in mind that you are using an outdated version of Adobe Reader or that the installation of Microsoft Office itself needs to be corrected.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent on TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scanning button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems with the PC.
- Click Restore All to fix issues related to proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comment : This article was originally published in September 2019 and revised and updated in January 2022 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
publisher cannot save the file windows 10, publisher not saving pdf correctly, why won’t publisher save my file as a pdf, how to save publisher 2007 file as pdf, convert publisher to pdf, publisher wont convert to pdf, publisher 2010 cannot save the file, publisher save as pdf landscape