3. Use the K-Litecodec package
The codec is a program that helps you encrypt and decrypt digital data in media files. They essentially help you open digital media files on your computers. The most common error code is 0xc00d36c4 due to missing codecs. Luckily you can install them easily.
Open the installation wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Then restart the computer.
=> Download the code for the K-Lite.
4. Use of VLC Media Player
The VLC media player is a multimedia tool known for its ability to access a wide variety of video and audio file formats, as well as DVDs, audio CDs and VCDs.
One of its most impressive qualities is that it can play many codecs such as MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 without having to install a codec package.
The VLC drive is compatible with all Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android and many other platforms.
You will also appreciate that you can take full advantage of this excellent tool without spending a penny, as you can download it for free and safely.
It is a handy software, follow the installation wizard and then use VLC Media Player to open the video file you want to play.
If the VLC mediaplayer fails to open a media file, this proves that the file is corrupted or that the problem is due to missing codecs.
If the VLC does not work properly on Windows 10, see this article on how to make it work again.
=> Download VLC Media Player
5. Moving music files
Sometimes moving media files from external storage to internal storage can help solve the problem.
Select the files you want to play back and copy them (Ctrl + C). Stick it in a place in your internal memory (Ctrl + V). Let’s see if the files open now.
You can also try copying it to the standard Windows music library. This is the music folder in User Folder C: (or Local Disc).
To better manage your Windows music library, you should read this comprehensive guide.
6. Correcting error in reading parameters
1. Search for the volume icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. Click on the game consoles button.
3. Open the Speaker tab and select Configuration Settings to open the Speaker Configuration window.
4. The list of audio channels is displayed. Press the test button for each audio channel. If an error message appears indicating that the test signal could not be played back, record the channel.
5. When you have tested all audio channels, click Next.
6. Remove all speakers that caused the error.
7. Close the window and check that the media files are playing.
Sometimes the error code 0xc00d36c4 may appear because the reading parameters have been changed by a malicious program or another user. Troubleshooting problems with the configurations can help solve the problem.
We hope our detailed article helped you correct the error 0xc00d36c4. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section below.
FAQ: More information about Windows 10 error
- How do you correct the 0x00d36c4 error?
This problem usually affects both the video and audio processes. See how you can easily solve this by following our simple guide to correct error 0xc00d36c4 in Windows 10.
- How can I correct a system error?
Some users encounter a problem when trying to synchronize the time of a Windows PC with an NTP server, see our article on how to fix the Computer has no resynchronization error.
- How do I fix a Windows error code?
Some code errors are due to incorrect installation of the software. In our article you will learn how to correct the error 1310.Error written to file in Windows 10.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in October 2017 and revised and updated in January 2023 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
0xc00d36c4 mp4 error fix,0xc00d36c4 windows 10,file unsupported 0xc00d36c4,0xc00d36c4 avi,windows player 0xc00d36c4,adobe premiere 0xc00d36c4,0xc00d36c4 mp3,0xc00d36b4 repair tool,0xc00d36c4 sd card,0xc00d36c4 reddit,0xc00d36c4 microsoft