When the COVID- 19 crisis hit the Indian economy in 2022, the Indian government tried to tackle the situation by imposing a complete lockdown. As a result, the common man became acquainted with the terms like “Quarantine” and “Pandemic”, from which they were unfamiliar. Several services came to a halt to stop the spreading of the contagious coronavirus damaging the backbone of the economy to some extent.
However, after the lockdown got uplifted, many businesses went from offline to online to provide their customers with suitable services, using the technology. Previously, where online shopping was considered an option, it has become a necessity for people. So, gradually, the situation has improved now with service providers taking care of safety standards issued by the government while offering services to their customers. But, still, ample time and effort are needed to make the economy stand on its feet again.
Impact of Lockdown on Festivals in India
A major significant setback of lockdown in India is how it impacted its celebrations. The people refrained from stepping out from their homes to shop for special occasions and preferred private celebrations at home.
They are now shopping for festive gifts using e-commerce websites and opting for online payment modes to pay for their orders. The online shopping websites ensure to take care of the precautionary norms issued by the WHO and the Indian government relating to packaging, dispatching, and delivery of orders across the globe.
Raksha Bandhan Celebration Post Lockdown
Just like 2022, Raksha Bandhan 2022 will again be an “at-home” affair, unlike previous years. Earlier, people visited their loved ones to celebrate the festival, but such festive jollifications are just a thing of the past now. As Raksha Bandhan is a major festival in India symbolizing sibling bond, people switched to virtual Rakhi celebrations with their siblings staying away from them due to the pandemic.
Therefore, they have compromised with the situation of “Stay Home, Stay Safe” and have opted for Rakhi shopping online as the last resort to do Rakhi shopping. Some websites offer a detailed catalog of Raksha Bandhan products and on-time delivery services worldwide. One such reputed and efficient online Rakhi shop is Rakhibazaar.com, established in 2013 with good knowledge about the choice of people pertaining to Raksha Bandhan.
The minds behind the website understand the severity of the current lockdown situation in several parts of India, and therefore, guarantee to provide trusted, safe, and smooth online gift delivery to its global customers. In addition, the portal has an exclusive Rakhi collection online that includes various designer Rakhi threads and Raksha Bandhan gifts such as sweets, chocolates, dry fruits, cakes, flowers, Puja Thali, plants, and greeting cards.
The festive celebrations in a lockdown are possible in several ways:
- Video calling their siblings living far away;
- Call them over for a party at home if they are located in the same city; or
- Plan a surprise for your brother or sister with digital gifts like an affectionate video message, sending an e-greeting card, or arranging a guitarist on-call, etc.
These celebration ideas will make the festival memorable for your siblings as your busy lives often gave you time to appreciate them. With various facilities available online, any occasion can turn out to be special with the slightest effort sitting at home.
Benefits of Online Rakhi Gifts Delivery
To simplify things a bit more, here we have listed down the advantages of selecting online delivery Raksha Bandhan during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Ensured safety: Rather than moving out of your home to purchase Rakhi and other gifts from the market during the pandemic, it is always a better option to do online shopping while staying safe at home. Why put your life at risk when you can shop for Raksha Bandhan online. Online Rakhi stores take care of all the safety guidelines when packing and making gift deliveries to their customers.
- Easy procedure: Placing the orders for Raksha Bandhan is relatively easy with gifting portals as you only have to choose your favorite gifts and pay for your order. You can send Rakhi online to brother around the globe using just your phone.
- Time-saving: As you can now shop for Rakhi gifts sitting at home in lockdown, you can save a lot of time by shopping for them online. Such websites promise timely delivery to the recipient with complete safety.
- Wide variety available: Online gifting stores offer magnificent varieties of gifts compared to offline shops. You can find attractive Rakhi for brothers and sisters at one place on such websites without running here and there. Such portals are equipped with a detailed category of products that assist you in choosing your favorite gifts wisely.
- Best deals and offers: Online shopping websites provide great offers and discounts to their customers during the festive season. Availing of such offers helps you save a lot of money.
- Get worldwide gift delivery: Most shopping websites offer Raksha Bandhan gift delivery worldwide. So, when you wish to send Rakhi online to India or send Rakhi to the USA from India, you can get safe delivery based on your needs.
The Final Note
So, it’s the second consecutive year of Rakhi gifts online. The outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic across the globe has made people realize the importance of shopping from websites in their lives. If no such technology existed, the survival of humankind in this critical situation would have been an unfathomable thing. So, the celebration of Raksha Bandhan and other festivals is possible now in lockdown; all thanks to the e-commerce industry. Keep shopping online, but don’t forget to wear masks, sanitize your hands, and maintain social distancing as far as possible.