Most people are still not convinced about installing solar panels in their homes. This is because there are a lot of unanswered questions running through their minds. Of all the questions, the most common one is ‘In what situation will I need solar panels?’. Failing to give a cogent answer to this question may leave a lot of people in the dark.
For this reason, we have decided to write out some of the situations that should warrant people to install solar panels in their homes. Without further ado, let’s jump into the reasons or situations when you will need solar panels.
- 1 1. When You Notice You Are Spending Too Much On Electricity Bills
- 2 2. When You Seek To Contribute To A Cleaner Environment
- 3 3. When You Want More People To Be Employed And Want The Economy To Grow
- 4 4. When You Are Looking For A Free Source Of Energy
- 5 5. If You Want To Increase The Value Of Your Property
- 6 6. When You Don’t Want To Experience An Unexpected Power Failure
- 7 7. When You Are Tired Of Absolute Reliance On Electricity Providers
- 8 8. When You Are Looking For An Alternate Source Of Energy That Is Easy To Maintain
- 9 9. When You Want To Enjoy Government Rebates And Incentives Before Any Change In Policy occurs
- 10 10. When you want to set an example and be among the pioneers of solar owners in your community
- 11 What More?
1. When You Notice You Are Spending Too Much On Electricity Bills
The average electricity bill in the US is estimated to be above $2000 per year. This number has been on the increase, which means that Americans should expect to pay more to have electricity in their homes. If you find yourself spending thousands of dollars on electricity and wish to reduce it by a significant amount (up to 50% reduction in price), you will need solar panels in your home. People are leveraging this option already and the benefits you enjoy from this are top-notch.
2. When You Seek To Contribute To A Cleaner Environment
As humans, we have to keep the earth in good shape through our activities. Unfortunately, over time, human activities have caused havoc to mother nature. If you want to keep the earth clean and free of unnecessary pollution, you can do that by installing a solar system in your home. The solar panel doesn’t release harmful gasses into the atmosphere, hence, making it environmental-friendly.
Therefore, if you want to contribute to keeping the environment clean, it is high time you considered installing solar power in your home.
3. When You Want More People To Be Employed And Want The Economy To Grow
Did you know that the solar power industry can create jobs for thousands of people? More engineers and technicians are undergoing training already on how to install solar panels in homes. If more people are interested in having solar energy, it automatically means a good source of employment has been birthed for quite a few people. In turn, it will help the economy to grow. So, if you are passionate about creating jobs for people and want to see the economy grow, this is the right time to have a solar system in your home.
4. When You Are Looking For A Free Source Of Energy
The word ‘solar’ is related to the sun. Therefore, solar energy is energy gotten from the sun. The sun is a gift to mankind, which means that the energy we get from it is free. However, you will have to invest some money to install the panels in your home. Once the installation is done, you need nothing to keep it going. Just some maintenance practices a few times per year and it shouldn’t cost you more than $200 yearly.
5. If You Want To Increase The Value Of Your Property
Installing a solar system is a long-term investment that will eventually pay off. It also increases the value of your home if you decide to put it up for sale. Therefore, if you are contemplating how to increase the value of your home, installing solar panels is one of the ways to go.
6. When You Don’t Want To Experience An Unexpected Power Failure
With the climate changes that are taking place, one can’t tell what will happen the next day. We have seen where storms and other disasters cause blackouts in different communities. These sudden power blackouts can damage home appliances and cause you to spend a whole lot of money on replacement and repair. If you don’t want to experience such a situation, then you need to install a solar system.
7. When You Are Tired Of Absolute Reliance On Electricity Providers
Electricity providers tend to increase electricity bills because they know customers have limited or no options. However, with solar power, you don’t have to completely rely on electricity providers. The sun is natural and will be there until the end of time.
8. When You Are Looking For An Alternate Source Of Energy That Is Easy To Maintain
Even though you have to spend a few thousand dollars to install solar panels, the cost of maintenance is extremely low. People that are uninformed about solar power think they need to spend hundreds of dollars every month to maintain the solar system. This is not true! In fact, after installation, all that is required may not cost you above $200 yearly.
9. When You Want To Enjoy Government Rebates And Incentives Before Any Change In Policy occurs
Knowing the right time to take advantage of situations is one of the wisest things to do. Currently, there is a 26% federal solar tax credit that is ongoing and a lot of Americans are capitalizing on it. With these incentives, there can’t be any other time to invest in solar panels other than now. Unfortunately, due to a lack of information and some myths surrounding solar power, most people don’t know about the federal solar tax credits.
10. When you want to set an example and be among the pioneers of solar owners in your community
Solar panels are gaining popularity as each day passes and those that go into it now will be considered pioneers. This will set an example for others to follow. Since solar power is a good thing, it means that you will be known for setting a good example.
Going by all the situations listed above, suffice to say that solar panels are necessary for every home in the United States. This is the right time to invest in solar panels and enjoy all the benefits from the federal government before it ends.
To install your solar panels, get in touch with UniversalSolarDirectArizona. Our team of professional engineers will ensure your installation is done in 1 day and provide 24/7 monitoring to ensure maximum safety.