In fact, each update to Apple’s new mobile operating system can lead to many bugs, some of which are very common. Therefore, this article is especially for those who have problems with iOS 12 / 12.1.1 and need advice on how to get out of this predicament. We will discuss the full list of iOS 12 / 12.1.1 issues with possible solutions. Read on to get a better understanding of the issues with iOS 12 / 12.1.1 and how to fix them.
1. Unable to download and install iOS 12 / 12.1.
With so many brilliant features, Apple users tend to download the iOS 12 / 12.1.1 beta as soon as it is released, but some users complain that they cannot download the iOS 12 / 12.1.1 beta on their iPhone or iPad. In fact, this IOS update problem was already spotted in the IOS 11 update. Here are some solutions to solve this problem on iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
- You can install the public beta on your iPhone or iPad now. To download iOS 12 / 12.1.1 beta, log in to the official Apple website and follow the instructions to download iOS 12 / 12.1.1 beta.
- If you want to download the official iOS 12 / 12.1.1 and you find that it doesn’t work, check if you still have the beta version on your iPhone or iPad. If this is the case, simply uninstall the beta version of IOS 12 / 12.1.1.
- Try restarting or resetting your iPhone iPad. A reboot can usually solve this problem.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and reliable and that your iPhone or iPad is at least 50% charged.
- Free space. Sometimes, insufficient storage may prevent you from downloading iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
Recommended: iOS 12.3.1 improves iPhone battery life in a surprising way.
2. iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update fails
Almost every update to a new version of iOS always contains a bug in the software update. Users have already found in the beta version of iOS 12 / 12.1.1. Here we give you some basic tips to fix this iOS 12 / 12.1.1 bug.
- A reboot can solve most problems. If you cannot update your devices to iOS 12 / 12.1.1, try restarting your iPhone or iPad.
- Try updating again. If you see the Software Update Failed message, click Close, wait a few minutes and try to download and install iOS 12 / 12.1.1 again.
- Reset your network by going to Settings> General> Reset Settings.
- Try updating your iPhone iPad to iOS 12 / 12.1.1 on your computer using iTunes.
3. Update could not be verified
In fact, as with the IOS 11 update, users have already commented that we cannot review the update for IOS 12 / 12.1.1 and have complained a lot on Twitter. Usually the verification process takes a few minutes, but sometimes an iPhone or iPad will stop at the screen Check update…… How to solve this problem IOS 12 / 12.1.1? Here are some possible tips.
- If you lock and unlock your iPhone or iPad with the power button, you may have to repeat this process 5-10 times.
- Perform a reset or reboot. After restarting your devices, go to Settings> General> Information to check for an iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update.
- Update via iTunes. However, please back up your iPhone or iPad before upgrading.
- Restore your iPhone or iPad with iTunes.
4. Cannot connect to the App Store.
Many users who have discovered the beta of iOS 12 / 12.1.1 are having a problem connecting to the App Store. Well, the problem could very well be related to a slow Wi-Fi connection. The following steps will help you get out of this situation.
- Restart the device first.
- Make sure you have a stable and strong connection (Wi-Fi network or mobile data). If you enable VPN, disable it.
- You can also search for the application in Google Chrome or Safari and click on the download link. It will redirect you to the App Store.
- Clear the memory. Insufficient memory may prevent new applications from being loaded. Just delete some unnecessary applications, messages, photos, etc. to free up storage space.
5. Battery discharges quickly and heats up
Almost every iOS update brings with it battery issues, including the device overheating. There are still many users who have battery drain issues on iOS 12 / 12.1.1. Generally, this issue may be fixed in the next official release of iOS 12 / 12.1.1. You can solve this problem by following these tips:
- Restart the device
- Remove the cover from the iPhone iPad.
- Go to Settings > Battery application > Battery usage. Here you can see all applications that consume battery power and close them.
- Check iCloud services. Sometimes the problem of overheating in iOS 12 / 12.1.1 is due to iCloud services running in the background.
- Close background applications. Just double-click the home button and scan all applications to close them.
6. Alarm does not work
It’s annoying to get up and be late because the alarm didn’t go off. Many users are complaining that the alarm on their iPhone or iPad has stopped working after the update to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. In general, you can reboot or restart your iPhone or iPad to see if the alarms work normally. If your alarm still doesn’t work, there are other ways to fix this bug in iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
- Make sure that silent mode is activated.
- Uninstall third-party alarm apps if you wish, as some third-party alarm apps conflict with the built-in alarm app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Reset the alarm. You can clear all alarms and close the application, then open the application and add alarms again.
7. iPhone restarts in a loop on iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
After updating to iOS 12 / 12.1.1, my iPhone X restarts itself since this morning, but I don’t know where this problem is coming from and I tried restarting the iPhone without charging the plug, but no result ….
After IOS 12 / 12.1.1 update, many users face this iPhone looping restart problem, get the right solutions here to solve this problem.
- Restart the iPhone iPad or force a reboot.
- If the problem persists, try resetting all settings to factory defaults by going to Settings>General>Settings>Reset all settings.
- Uninstall or update your applications. Some applications may cause this error. You can try uninstalling applications you don’t need or updating your applications to the latest version.
- Use the iOS repair tool. If the problem persists, you can try a professional iOS repair tool – PhoneRescue for iOS, which can help you solve the problem after the update, such as iPhone reboot cycle, black iPhone, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, etc.
8. Locked in recovery mode
One of the most common problems with iOS upgrades is that the iPhone crashes in recovery mode when upgrading to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. The iPhone screen may ask you to connect to iTunes. Read the practical solutions to solve this problem.
- Reboot or force a reboot of the iOS device.
in. On iPhone X / 8 Plus:Press the Volume Up button> Press the Volume Down button briefly> Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
b. On iPhone 7 (Plus):Press the side button and the volume down button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
v. For iPhone 6s or earlier:Press the Home button and the Up button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- Restore your iOS device with iTunes : Connect your iPhone with a USB cable and launch iTunes> Go to recovery mode and click Continue> Click Restore.
Restore iPhone iPad with iTunes
- Recover your iPhone with the help of iOS data recovery specialist – PhoneRescue for iOS. You can solve this problem by crashing in recovery mode, as well as crashing at the Apple logo, crashing when updating iOS, and not being able to boot iOS. Download and install PhoneRescue for iOS on your PC / Mac to try it for free!
9. Freezes at Apple logo during update
When the Apple logo stops displaying, responding or lighting up. What do I have to do to unlock it? This is one of the most annoying problems that many users have encountered with the iOS update. Look forward to possible solutions to solve it.
- Force a reboot of your iPhone iPad.
- Restore your iPhone iPad with iTunes. In this case, iTunes will reinstall iOS on your iPhone and then restore your iPhone with the latest iTunes backup.
- Recover a locked Apple iPhone without losing data with PhoneRescue for iOS. This tool helps you restore iPhone in one click while backing up your iPhone data.
10. Installation error
Reddit users report that they are unable to install the iOS 12 / 12.1.1 profile. The message Profile not set or update failed appears on the screen. Unable to install iOS 12 / 12.1.1? Try the following basic tips to solve this problem with iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
iOS 12 / 12.1.1: An error occurred during installation
- Check compatibility with iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
- Update your iOS device with iTunes.
- Download the file to your computer, depending on the iOS device you have.
- Restart the device. One of the simplest solutions is to turn off and on the iOS device and start over, as Apple is unable to handle multiple update requests over time.
- Check your internet connection: Check the router and make sure it is working, or turn it back on and connect to the internet, or reset the network settings.
11. Sustainability of the Closed Skype Application
Some users have complained that their Skype application automatically shuts down or freezes. Try to solve this problem by simply restarting the unit. And fortunately Microsoft has already recognized this problem. The new version, which can run on iOS 12 / 12.1.1, will be available soon.
12. AirDrop not working
We have heard that some users are reporting that AirDrop is not working when they update their iPhone or iPad to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. You cannot transfer content from your iPhone or iPad to other devices. How can I fix the bug in this update 12 / 12.1.1? Here are some quick tips to help you do just that.
- Check your network. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, wait a few minutes, then turn them back on.
- Force restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Restart your network. Go to Settings> General> Reset Network Settings.
13. Mobile data not working
Some users have noticed that their mobile data is not working after updating to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. This issue is not specific to a particular iPhone model, but most users of iOS 12 / 12.1.1 have encountered this bug. Try turning cellular data on and off to make sure everything is okay. If not, you can try the following basic tips to solve this problem on iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
- Activate and deactivate the Airplane mode. The control center opens> Activate flight mode> Activate in 30 seconds.
- Check if your update is available.
- Restart the iPhone or reset the network settings.
14. Wi-Fi issues in iOS12
Most iOS devices operate over a Wi-Fi connection. If the Wi-Fi connection is not good, the device will be disconnected. Follow the below solution to fix Wi-Fi issues in iOS 12 / 12.1.1:
iOS 12 / 12.1.1: Wi-Fi problem / slow speed
- The first step is to check the router and reboot the device.
- You can also try disabling location-based services, which can sometimes affect your Wi-Fi connection: Go to Settings> Privacy> Turn off location services.
- Moreover, disabling Wi-Fi support often solves the Wi-Fi connection problem: Go to Settings> Mobile Data> Turn off Wi-Fi support.
- Another way to forget the Wi-Fi connection.
- If none of the above steps solve your Wi-Fi connection problem, reset your network settings.
15. Bluetooth issue on iOS 12 / 12.1.
Some iPhone or iPad users are experiencing a Bluetooth issue that is still active after updating to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. They found that the Bluetooth function is always active or automatically activated, even when switching from one control center to another. If the Bluetooth connection does not work properly, try the following solutions:
- Turn off Bluetooth in the settings: Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Turn off Bluetooth.
- Reset the network settings. Go to Settings> General> Reset Network Settings.
- Make sure the two devices are close together and that the battery is sufficient.
16. Applications cannot be updated
Are you having trouble updating or downloading the app or the error message appears even after updating from iOS 12 / 12.1.1? Here are some possible solutions to solve the problems related to the application.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Uninstall your applications and then download them again.
- Disconnect from Apple ID, restart and reconnect the iPhone.
- Change the DNS under WLAN 8.8.8 or 220.127.116.11. Go to Settings> Wi-Fi> Click on the i icon on the right side> Scroll down until you see the DNS section> Enter 8.8. 8.8.8 or 18.104.22.168.
17. Siri no longer works on iOS 12 / 12.1.1
According to some users, Siri is not working properly after updating to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. Follow the tips below to solve this problem:
iOS 12 / 12.1.1: Siri problem
- Make sure Dis Siri is on. Go to Settings> Siri & Search. If it is enabled, first disable it> Restart iOS device> Fix Siri problem.
- Resetting the network settings of the unit : Settings> General> Reset Network Settings.
- Turn off the power saving mode when it is on.
18. GPS issue on iOS 12 / 12.1
For example, the iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update also caused the GPS to stop working. B. No signal, location not updated, incorrect location information, etc. To solve this problem, try one of the three methods below:
- First check the location service settings: Go to Settings> Privacy> Local Service> Off / On. Now select the Maps application and check the option Always allow access to your location.
- Resetting your location and privacy settings : Open Settings> General> Reset> Location and privacy reset> Passcode> Confirm reset.
- Resetting network settings : Open Settings> General> Reset> Network Settings> PIN> Confirm Reset Network Settings action.
iOS 12 / 12.1.1 1 Camera error
On the Reddit forum: Piosour beta iOS 12 / 12.1.1, the camera doesn’t work, also iMessage, WhatsApp problems, etc.
We have noticed that a number of users have the problem of iPhone camera black screen after the iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update, without knowing why. Follow the solutions below to fix your camera issues in IOS 12 / 12.1.1.
- Forcibly close the Photos application. Double-click the Home>Search Photos>swipe up application to close it.
- If the first solution has no effect, try restarting your iPhone or iPad.
- Reset all settings. Go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset all settings.
20. iMessage error on iOS 12 / 12.1
Users on Reddit complained that iMessage stopped working after updating to iOS 12 / 12.1.1. Some users have pointed out that iMessage cannot identify the phone number, only the corresponding email address from the Apple ID. How to fix the iMessage bug in iOS 12 / 12.1.1? Here are some basic tips to address this problem.
- Turn off iMessage: Settings> Messages> iMessages> Turn iMessage off and on.
- Activate flight mode: Settings> Flight Mode> Enable and Disable or via the Control Center.
- Cold restart
- Make sure the date and time are correct.
21. The error keeps showing a popup window asking to update
If you have the beta version of iOS 12 / 12.1.1 installed on your iOS device, a window may have appeared saying New iOS update is available. Updated to version 12 / 12.1.1 of the iOS beta.
Usually it’s shown to users so they don’t download it when the new iOS 12 / 12.1.1 beta is available. Why does this pop-up window appear every time I unlock the screen? According to developer Guilherme Rambo, the mistake was made by Apple with the latest beta, as Apple apparently runs the calculation period before the current beta expires.
- You can enable this view by dragging the notification center.
- Other users seem to have been able to withdraw the notification by changing the date of the notification. But beware, this process can cause problems with iPhone and iPad services.
- iOS 12 / 12.1.1 permanent update pop-up offer
- Apple will release a 12. Submit a beta version to permanently fix this bug.
22. Touch screen not responding.
When the touch screen becomes unresponsive after the update to iOS 12 / 12.1.1, preventing the user from using it normally. So how do we solve this problem?
- Restart your iOS device.
- Clean your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch completely. In general, you can try to delete unnecessary files or outdated applications or move photos. You can also try PhoneClean to clean the system cache, personal data, temporary and corrupt files.
- Restore your device using iTunes.
23. iOS data loss after update
All or part of your iOS device’s data has been lost after updating to iOS 12 / 12.1.1, this is a common problem. Don’t worry, you have the full selection, read on:
- Restoring from iTunes backup : If you have backed up your iOS device in iTunes, you can recover lost data using iTunes. But first of all, you can’t see the details of the backup and you can’t select any part to restore, iTunes will delete all settings and data from iPhone.
- Restore from an iCloud backup : The iCloud backup doesn’t contain enough data about the iPhone, some of it isn’t backed up, and you have to clear all the settings before you can restore, which is quite possible.
- Use a professional iOS data recovery utility – PhoneRescue for iOS. That can avoid all the problems of iTunes/iCloud, you can restore lost data with/without backup, you can view the data details and then choose what you need after recovery, you will not lose the existing data on your iOS device. Download PhoneRescue for iOS and install it on PC / Mac to try this powerful tool!
Recover lost iPhone data after iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update.
24. An error has occurred during the installation of iOS 12 / 12.1.1.
When you install iOS 12 / 12.1.1, you may see the message Software update failed on the screen, in this case, how?
1. Make sure your device is compatible with iOS 12 / 12.1.
2. Activate / deactivate the flight mode: Drag the top right corner down to activate the control center and double-click the Airplane Mode icon.
3. Restart the device.
4. Run iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update with iTunes, connect your iOS device to PC / Mac computer> Run iTunes> Click on your device icon> Update.
As you can see, we have collected the most common problems. If they occur, we will reveal more iOS 12 / 12.1.1 issues and provide helpful solutions. If the iOS 12 / 12.1.1 update still bothers you, you can downgrade to iOS 11, jailbreak your iPhone, or give your iPhone or iPad a factory reset. It’s a good idea to back up your device data to avoid data loss. So, we hope you got some useful information today on how to fix various iOS 12 / 12.1.1 issues. If you find it useful, please share it with your friends and enjoy all the innovative features of iOS 12 / 12.1.1 on your device.
frequently asked questions
How do I fix common iPhone problems?
To fix the problem, restart your iPhone, reset it or perform a factory reset. You can also restore iPhone with iTunes in DFU mode to fix the proximity sensor issue. However, before you can perform these tasks, you need to back up to iCloud and iTunes. If your iPhone’s touch screen is not working, make sure the screen is clean and dry.
How do I fix the iOS 12 update?
Restart your iPhone. Reset the iPhone’s network settings in Settings > General > Reset. Turn off and on Airplane mode. Check the update carrier settings via Settings > General > About, and if there is an update, you can get an update to fix this issue.
What are the issues with the iPhone 12?
A growing number of iPhone 12 buyers are reporting problems. Problems include rapid battery discharge, strange displays and faulty connections. The touchscreens on some iPhone 11 models also fail. Apple’s reputation for quality control has been seriously damaged.
ios 12.5 update problems,ios 12.4.9 problems,ios 12.4.8 problems iphone 6,ios 12 problems iphone 7,ios 12.5.1 problems,ios 12.4.6 problems,Feedback,ios 12 update download,ios 13 update problems