Windows cannot connect to the printer to find a way to correct the Windows error. Access denied? If that’s the case, you’ve moved to the right place. As in this article, we will discuss several simple solutions to correct this error.
Currently, many Windows 7 and Windows 10 users send requests about this error. That’s why I’m writing this blog to help them fix this bug. But before we move on to the solution, let’s have a quick look at what exactly the 0x00000002 printing error is. It also explains why this error occurs when users try to add a network printer. So let’s start with the article without wasting time.
Exact error value It is not possible to connect to 0x000002
This is a runtime error code displayed in hexadecimal form. This error usually occurs when users try to connect a printer to a Windows system. This problem is due to the fact that the driver installed for the printer is defective or damaged. Many factors cause damage to the printer driver. The error code is provided with a numerical error number and some descriptions.
Why does the 0x00000002 error occur in Windows?
A Windows error cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied because of a damaged or corrupted Windows system file. A damaged or corrupted system file can endanger your computer system. There are several reasons why system files are corrupted, as shown below:
- Due to incorrect or incomplete installation
- The whole process is determined by each step
- Improper removal or deletion of an application or material
- If the system does not shut down properly.
- When the system is restored after viral or malicious attacks.
So here we have discussed exactly what an error means and what the most likely factors are behind it. Since we understand these factors, let’s get on with your decisions.
Windows Troubleshooting cannot connect to the printer. Access denied Manual error
Here we will investigate different manual approaches to diagnose this Windows error.
Fixed 1. Creating a new local connection
- First click on Start, then on Control Panel >> double click on Devices and Printers.
- Now click on the Add printer button and select the option Add local printer.
- Then choose Create a new port >> select Local port as the port type.
- Enter a port name in the box and enter the address in the following format:
\ Specify the IP address of the host system] Enter the common name of the printer].
- After entering the address, click on the Next button.
- Now follow the instructions to complete the installation and select the correct driver from the list of available drivers.
Correction 2: Uninstalling the Printer Driver
- Click Win+R and the Run dialog box will open.
- Enter MSC in the dialog box that appears and click OK.
- Click on All drivers on the left.
- Now go to the right panel, right click on the printer driver >> click on Uninstall in the context menu.
- And add the printer again.
Correction 3: Using thesolution for advanced computer users
- Start the computer first and log in as administrator.
- Then click on the Start button, select All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools and finally click on System Restore.
- Here you need to select the option Reset my computer to an earlier time and then click Next when you’re done.
- Now select the last system restore point from the list and click Next.
- In the confirmation window that appears, click on the Next button.
- Restart the computer after the recovery process is complete.
That’s why we have researched several manual methods here to solve problems when the error cannot be connected to the printer 0x00000002 These methods will give you the correct results, but you may have problems with data loss when using these manual methods. To prevent this, you can also use a third party utility, such as Windows Data Recovery. The tool restores complete data damaged by corruption. It also helps you recover data from damaged, corrupted or inaccessible hard drives.
In this article we have discussed several ways to correct the error that Windows cannot connect to a printer. Access denied. We hope the above solutions will help you achieve some results.
Read also – Smart Data Recovery Solution
Tags: Cannot connect to printer 0x00000002, window cannot connect to printer