According to Windows Latest, this problem affects printers from Kyocera, Ricoh and Zebra. If a user forwards a file to print instead of actually printing it, the whole PC crashes and the dreaded blue screen of death and error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH appears for win32kfull.sys.
To troubleshoot a BSOD error during printing
Well, Microsoft has recognized the problem: We are currently investigating this issue and will provide an update once we have more information, the company said on its support page.
If after installing KB5000802, the device experiences problems with printers that were previously stable, the only solution is to update the printer driver or uninstall the KB5000802 update and wait for the next patch.
Uninstall KB5000802 update
If you have too many client devices causing this error or if you have reinstalled the printer, which did not fix the problem, you need to remove KB5000802 by performing these steps.
Remove the cumulative settings update
- Right-click on the Windows 10 Start menu and select Settings,
- Click the Update & Security link and then Windows Update.
- Here you can see the update history
alt=View update history width=1011 height=694 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/View-update-history.jpg data-ez= />
- Then click on the Remove Update option.
- Now select KB5000802 in the control panel to highlight it.
- After selecting the upgrade package, click the Remove button.
- And restart the system when prompted.
alt=Uninstall updates width=888 height=581 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Uninstall-windwos-update.jpg data-ez= />
Uninstalling updates via the command line
You can also remove KB5000802 update windows from the command line.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- Type wusa /uninstall /KB:KB5000802 /quiet /promptrestart and press Enter,
- Then save everything and restart the device.
alt=Install Windows Update command width=722 height=425 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/uninstall-windows-update-command.jpg data-ez= />
Now check whether the printer problem is solved or not.
Block update KB5000802
Windows 10 KB5000802 is part of the March 2022 update. This is an important update that is automatically downloaded and installed. And you need to block the installation of the update by following the instructions below.
- Download the Show or Hide Updates application from your Microsoft support document.
- Start the application as an administrator.
- Click Next and let the troubleshooter check for updates.
- Select an update and lock it.
alt=show hidden updates width=571 height=440 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/show-hide-updates.jpg />
Reinstalling the printer driver
Changing the printer driver seems to help, but it will get annoying if I have to hand it out to too many clients.
Go to your printer manufacturer’s website and download the latest printer driver for your printer model. Then uninstall the old printer driver by following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + I to open the settings,
- Click on the devices and then on the printer scanner,
- Select the printer and click Remove Device, then follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove the printer driver.
alt=Delete printer width=900 height=417 data-ezsrc=https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Remove-printer.jpg data-ez= />
- Also open the device manager with devmgmt.msc,
- Expand the print queue, look for the printer name listed here,
- In this case, right-click on the printer name, select Remove Device, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Then restart your computer and install the latest printer driver downloaded from the printer manufacturer’s website. Restart the computer and run the print job to see if the problem is resolved.
In addition, a Microsoft employee has released a temporary patch in the system administrator sub-editor, where the patch can be printed and applied directly with the Application Compatibility Toolkit.
apc index mismatch windows 10,apc_index_mismatch win32kfull sys,kb5000802 problems,kb5000802 blue screen,win32kfull sys error when printing,win32kfull sys blue screen,Privacy settings,How Search works,apc index mismatch win32kfull sys when printing,win32kfull sys failed