ESET Internet Security
ESET Internet Security is the safest and most popular cyber security program on the market.
3. Change of assets
- Press Windows + S and go to power settings.
- Select Power and sleep settings from the menu.
- When the Settings application opens, tap the Advanced Power Settings button in the Related Settings category.
- Now find your current electricity plan and click Change Plan Settings next to it.
- Set the Turn off screen and Hibernate options to Never, and then click Save Changes.
If Windows Defender doesn’t run a quick scan, users say it could be due to power settings.
Then check if the problem is solved. This may seem like an odd solution, but several users have reported that it works, so you may want to try it.
4. Installing the latest updates
- Open the Settings application and go to Updates & Security.
- Now click on the Check for updates button in the right pane.
In some cases, you can solve this problem by simply installing the latest updates. Microsoft works hard to fix bugs and issues in Windows 10, and sometimes a Windows update can fix your problems.
By default, Windows 10 downloads and installs updates automatically, but sometimes you can skip an update. However, you can always check for updates manually.
If updates are available, they are downloaded in the background and installed immediately after the computer is restarted. After restarting the computer, check if the problem still exists.
5. Performing a system restore
- Press Windows + S and type System Restore.
- Select Create Restore Point from the menu.
- The System Properties window opens.
- Click on the System Restore button.
- System recovery begins. Click Next to continue.
- If available, select the Show more restore points check box.
- Select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery process.
If Windows Defender does not perform a quick scan, you can solve the problem by performing a system restore.
If you are having problems with System Restore, you can read how to fix them in this helpful article.
Once the recovery process is complete, check if the problem persists.
Use a third-party system recovery tool
The Windows System Restore program resets your operating system to a previous version, which means you will lose all the data and software you installed after creating the restore point, which is not ideal.
Therefore, we strongly recommend that you download a third-party system recovery tool that specializes in finding and removing problematic files to keep your PC error-free.
⇒ Get Restoro
6. Perform CFS and DISM scan
- Press Windows key + X to open the Win + X menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- You can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- When the command line opens, type the following command: sfc/scannow
- The SFC scan will now be performed. The scanning process can take about 15 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
Windows Defender is an essential part of Windows 10. If you cannot perform a quick scan, the problem may be file corruption. The files on your system may be corrupt, causing this problem.
However, you may be able to resolve file corruption issues by performing SFC and DISM scans. Follow the steps below to do this:
Once the check is complete, check if the problem persists. If the problem persists or you cannot perform an SFC scan, you should use a DISM scan instead. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Run the command line as administrator.
- Now execute the following command: DISM/Online/Cleaning/Image/Restoration-Health
- The DISM analysis has now started.
- Scans take about 20 minutes, sometimes longer.
After the DISM check is complete, check if the problem persists. If you wish, you can repeat the SFC scan and all corrupted files should be restored.
7. Creating a New User Account
- Open the Settings application and go to Accounts.
- In the left pane, select Family and Others.
- Now select Add another person to this computer.
- Pick. I have no information about this person’s registration.
- Select Add users without a Microsoft account.
- Enter a user name for the new account and click Next.
According to users, sometimes your user account is corrupted, which can cause problems with Windows Defender.
To resolve this issue, it is recommended that you create a new user account and see if the problem occurs with the new account.
After creating a new user account, switch and check if the problem persists. Otherwise, you will need to transfer your personal files to the new account and use it instead of the old one.
8. Uninstalling the third-party antivirus program
Apparently, this error message is a temporary error that sometimes accompanies error code 007139F. A restart and a manual update of Windows Defender should be sufficient to solve this problem.
If this simple measure does not solve the problem, make sure you are not running another antivirus program at the same time. If so, remove it and register Windows Defender.
If you had another antivirus program and recently installed Windows Defender, it’s also possible that there are remnants of your old security program.
In this case, all traces of the previous antivirus program must be completely removed. Depending on the antivirus software you use, you may be able to use certain antivirus removal programs.
⇒ Get IObit Uninstaller.
The inability to run a quick scan in Windows Defender can be a big problem, but we hope you were able to solve it with one of our solutions.
Secure your PC now!
Do not leave your computer unprotected! Get one of the best antivirus tools in the world and surf the web without worry! ESET Antivirus includes all the security tools you need to protect your data and privacy, including:
- Webcam security
- Cross-platform support
- Low system requirements
- High-quality anti-malware protection
frequently asked questions
How do I perform a full scan with Windows Defender?
If you’ve never tried Defender before, or if your computer is behaving strangely and you’re worried about an obvious threat, it’s best to start with a full scan. Select the radio button next to the Full Scan button and click Scan Now. A full system scan is started and Windows Security displays a progress bar.
How long should a full scan of Windows Defender take?
The duration of quick scans can vary, but is usually 15 to 30 minutes, so they can be done daily. A full scan is much more extensive, as it scans the entire hard drive (all folders/files), which can number in the thousands.
How to fix Windows Defender in Windows 10?
en-us protection forum
windows defender won’t finish scan,windows defender won’t scan in safe mode,windows defender quick scan stuck,windows defender not scanning windows 10,windows defender no scan option,windows defender offline scan not working,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows defender offline scan not working 2023,windows defender full scan estimated time remaining keeps increasing